<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : I Need A Milkshake

8.17.2012

I Need A Milkshake

Shirt: Anthropologie. Skirt: Old Navy. Shades: Free People. Heart earrings: Sprightly So. Shoes: c/o JellyPop Shoes.
It's 90 degrees outside and I'm wearing this garb. It's silly, really. Guess I'm just getting antsy pantsy to put on 7 layers like it's totally normal. I actually attempted it the other day. Let's just say things didn't end so well.

A) We live in a beach town. People probably thought I was homeless wearing two shirts, a jacket, and a hat, along with various baubles and jewelry adorning my person.  It was probably a little bit of a culture shock -- clothing is optional around these parts. So optional that we saw a girl walking around with no pants on the other day. True story. B) I was dripping sweat. Inconspicuously of course. C) Layers don't work so well when you add a baby on the hip to the equation. There is no room for them to sit comfortably without it feeling like you are the Michelin Man.

All this talk of layers is making me hot and bothered. Can someone get me a milkshake?

P.S. I'll be back later today. There are some pretty fabulous people I'd like you to meet. And I will be waiting for that milkshake.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i need a milkshake too.

and i can't wait for autumn to get here and then i can do the layers--but maybe it is not the way to go six months pregnant plus extra layers will mean i will look like a whale...oh well :)

 
At August 17, 2012 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Hailey said...

ha! i'll take a milkshake too :)

 
At August 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, it's been so hot out, I'd love a milkshake right about now. :) You look super cute, I love your tee.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

 
At August 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Allie said...

ALL I WANT IS A MILKSHAKE. nom.

 
At August 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

You know what's sad? All I've wanted for the past week is a milkshake or a smoothie, and bc my sister-in-law has my magic bullet, I haven't been able to have either one.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that san diego needs to cool down. i am over the heat! i want fall like asap, i need to be able to layer!! and now you have made me want a milkshake as well.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

love your sunnies! It is so hard to enjoy summer when Fall is tempting me with its chilly mornings, beautiful leaves, and cozy sweaters... ok, must think about 90 degree temps again... phew!
xx
Here&Now

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home