<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : So Long, Golden Baby Locks

8.09.2013

So Long, Golden Baby Locks


This is the story of Luke's somewhat tragic, yet adorable haircut. Tragic in the sense that those silky, blond locks no longer spring wildly from his head into delicate curls. Adorable in the fact that this big boy haircut is regal, refined (a "what would George Alexander Louis do?" if you will) and makes him look sweeter. That untamed mane of his made him look a tad bit wild, but now he is practically ready to take on the workforce! 

It seems that our annual summer trip to Heber also doubles as an annual haircutapalooza. Remember his haircut from last year? Now that one was gut-wrenching and painstakingly sentimental. I absolutely shed a few tears over that hair snippage, but this time it was a breeze. Although, it was touch and go there for a moment.

My mom began with the front, and my eyeballs must have looked like saucers. I thought to myself, "Oh crap, she is giving him bangs, a mullet, and a bowl cut all in one! A strange hybrid of a Moe and Larry!" I kept the faith, though. I mean, the woman has been cutting boy hairs since 1967, for crying out loud! What harm could she do? And, in true Grandma Marie Fish form, the final product is practically perfect in every way. 

Thus, I give you a before and after in pictures. The first few pictures are of Luke asking Uncle Todd to do "pop pops" where you can see the fear in his hair-covered eyes as he clutches the post for dear life. Boys, I tell you. Love firecrackers from the beginning! Then we have one of Luke showing off his musical prodigy capabilities. Then there are the final long-locked photos of Luke running aimlessly through the yard at 6:30 am (why, no, I haven't gotten any sleep this trip... thanks for asking!). For the grand photo finale there is the haircut experience, some pictures of my mom's hair and my hair for good measure since we are talking about hair, the most darling photos of Luke expressing his gratitude to grandma for a job well done, and a stink face for mommy. 

The end.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At August 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So cute! He looks adorable! And wow you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture of you two!!!

 
At August 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Shelley Mae said...

Brittany was telling me about this. I was saying how much I LOVE his blonde curls. He is so cute Abbey!! I can't wait to see baby number two's hair.

 
At August 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

he looks so adorable! and you look so stunning!!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At August 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM , Blogger josie renee said...

His hair cut looks SO GOOD -- I can't take it.

xx
josie
www.straightnochase.com

 
At August 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

So cute! I love his new cut!!

 
At August 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM , Blogger P. said...

Look at it this way: at least you CHOSE to give your baby a haircut, instead of your baby giving himself a mullet. That happened to me and my 3 year old-daughter(she chopped her hair on her forehead and right above her right ear). Panic ensued. And she wore the same hairdo until the mullet grew out.

xo,
Ana Paula
{Visit me at Mommyhood, PhD}

 
At August 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM , Blogger jenna j. said...

as I was scrolling through the photos I was thinking to myself, "nooo!" but he looks stinking adorable!! Nolan has a total rat tail/mullet going on right now. I want to cut it so bad but he's only 10 months! the kid has a crazy head of hair.
xo
jenna
www.mamadazeblog.com

 
At August 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Valentina Duracinsky said...

cuuute

Valentina
Valentina Duracinsky Blog
-- Facebook Page

 
At August 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

He looked like a baby with his golden locks but now he looks like a toddler.. Sweet boy:)

happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At August 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cuuuuuuuuute!!!!

 
At August 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle said...

ooh hair cuts... I have a love hate relationship with them like you. I miss the hair but love how grown up they always look afterwards.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home