<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Home Sweet Home

2.11.2013

Home Sweet Home


Welcome, welcome to our home! That itchy scratchy need to spruce things up I was talking about the other day took effect. 

We purchased these bookshelves to create some balance and storage by our media console, and I can finally put my favorite trinkets and books on display (and the minimal look and price of the things cannot be beat!). 

It's clearly apparent I've been making pillows like a mad woman, and they added the right amount of pop, color and print to the white walls and neutral furniture. 

I finally perfected my little corner atelier, if you will. The bright pink peony graphic gives a girly pack of punch (much to Matt's dismay). 

And that beautimus throw on the couch? I scored that at a local vintage store called Seaweed & Gravel. You guys, that place is the stuff vintage loving dreams are made of. If you live in the San Diego area or are ever in Encinitas, you must go there.

The best thing adorning this living room? That little fur ball, Benny, also known as king of the couch.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At February 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM , Blogger All My Happy Endings said...

Those 3 books are staples in our home. Specifically, Brown Bear Brown Bear. I can recite it word for word, without looking at the pages. Baby Reef has learned to say, "dog" "duck" and "cat" as a result. :) Lovely home, btw. xoxo

 
At February 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

I LOVE it Abbey!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM , Blogger sara miller said...

LOVE :)

 
At February 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Hanna said...

Your home is lovely!!! I am always too embarrassed to show mine as it's usually pretty messed with toys and such. 2 year old and 3 year with do it to you:) Have a great day Abbey!!!!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Jan said...

The lighting in your house is divine!!!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

 
At February 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Mrs. Dice said...

Will totally have to check out that vintage store when we move to Oceanside in A few weeks. Love how you decorate!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

You have a lovely home! and your dog is so cute... :) how does your son get along with the doggy?

happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At February 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM , Blogger lacey said...

oh my goodness. i love your little sewing corner. the peony painting is my favorite. i am a HUGE sucker for peonies. like huge, major sucker. thanks for sharing your home!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

So charming! Now I've got the thrifting itch...

 
At February 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's a love/hate relationship. Benny is blind so he is happy as long as Luke keeps his distance, which he is pretty good about most of the time :)

 
At February 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Jessica Gitler said...

your house looks really cute and I didn't even realize you lived in San Diego ... so do I!! such a great place!!
Jess
JESS CAUSE BLOG

 
At February 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM , Blogger PersonalStyle said...

I have just known your blog, it is really fantastic! I follow you, I would like you to visit me!
kisses

http://www.blogpersonalstyle.com/

 
At February 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM , Blogger pretty little things said...

lovely photos -- looks like you have a beautiful place! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

 
At February 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those teacups are to die for! Cute home :)

 
At February 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Vittoria @ The Beautiful Things said...

loveeee that poster!

xoxo from nyc & the beautiful things

p.s. i hope you visit my blog because i'm hosting a giveaway for an item of your choice from FashForward Boutique: http://tinyurl.com/b3cjcb7

 
At February 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I love your home! I have that exact copy of "Emma" (though I'm sure I'm hardly original) and am loving the peony print. :)

 
At February 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love the frames on the wall, i want to do something like that one day.

 
At February 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Andrea Inskeep said...

I love the photo frames collage - I am totally stealing it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home