<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dare I DIY?: Striped Ombre Heart Pillow

2.07.2013

Dare I DIY?: Striped Ombre Heart Pillow


If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I've been in a crazy pillow-making frenzy. Truly though, new pillows can do wonders for giving a lift to your home design. Add some ombre and a heart to the pillow lineup and you've hit the jackpot. Obviously I made this one in celebration of Valentine's Day, but this beauty will perch happily on our couch for the remainder of the year. 

Materials:

-heart stencil
-red fabric paint
-white fabric paint
-foam stencil brush
-paint tray
-white envelope pillow cover
-pillow form
-cardboard insert
-scissors
-painters tape

1) Insert your cardboard piece into the pillow cover (I used this tutorial to make the envelope pillow cover... it seriously the easiest sewing project, ever). Center your heart stencil in the middle. Using 1 inch pieces of tape, tape around the stencil in the heart shape. Next, tape off your stripes inside the tape heart to your desired width.

2) Squeeze a generous amount of red fabric paint onto your tray (in my case my heart stencil double as my paint tray). Starting from the bottom, paint your first stripe red. Next, add about two generous drops of white paint into the red paint and mix well. Paint your next stripe. Add another two drops of paint, mix well, and paint the next stripe. Continue this process until finished.

3) Allow the paint to try for at least 2 hours. Once dry, remove the tape and cardboard insert. Place your heart cover on your pillow form and show off that sassy new pillow. After all, it's the cutest pillow you now own.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At February 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOO CUUUUTE!

 
At February 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Hanna said...

Stop! It!! This is ridiculous cute!!!! I might have to make a special trip to hobby lobby first thing in the morning for the supplies!!! I die!

 
At February 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

I love this! I would have these decorating my room all year around, not just valentine's day. So cute! xx

 
At February 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Jan said...

That's TOO cute!!!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

 
At February 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM , Blogger ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

amazing DIY! love it!

http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

 
At February 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

super cute! how adorable.

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At February 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Where did you end up getting the white cover from? I haven't seen any at hobby lobby but maybe I need to check a different one. Very great idea and well done! :)

 
At February 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

So cute! Love the heart, ombre and stripes...

happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At February 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

This looks easy, but you'd never know it was handmade! I am so doing this. You have so much talent! :)

 
At February 7, 2013 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Kira said...

It turned out so pretty, what a great idea!

 
At February 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM , Blogger pretty little things said...

such a great idea -- I wish I was crafty like that! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

 
At February 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Laura said...

This is adorable! Looks awesome!

 
At February 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that.
Kisses
Emy
http://everydayalook.blogspot.fr/

 
At February 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Hanna said...

I'm making my pillows today. I decided on polka dots instead:) I'll email you the link once I get it up and of course link to you in my post! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I'm so excited! A perfect way to spruce up the house for Vday:) xoxoxo Hanna

 
At February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea, really.

 
At February 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh so sweet!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Charlotte's Crafty Corner said...

This is such a lovely little idea, I might have a go :)

 
At February 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Hanna said...

Ok.....My post just went up with my polka dotted pillows

http://www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-valentines-inspired-throw-pillows.html

Let me know what you think:)

 
At March 26, 2013 at 5:21 AM , Blogger tiarenie said...

Such a great idea! I am now on the lookout for a white plain pillow case!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home