<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Wonderful Birthday, Indeed

1.16.2013

A Wonderful Birthday, Indeed



Nugget's birthday spectacular went off without a hitch. We packed our family and friends in our 950 sq. ft. condo like a can of sardines. What's a party without a little elbow rubbing? And a little betrothing (isn't baby Brooklyn the cutest)?

We feasted like nobility on sweet pork (bring me the head of a pig! and a goblet of something cool and refreshing!) and all things Mexican. And cakes and cupcakes. Ohhh, the treats. If you want to make the meanest batch of cupcakes known to man, just don't taste them. Rely 100% on all other senses. It's magic. Matt even told me it was my best batch to date. State fair worthy! ;)

Anyway, the real story here is about Luke's victorious domination of the birthday cake. He saw, he licked, he conquered. Like a true champion, that Nugget. Oh, and let's not forget the hugging. A true lover of sweets hugs his birthday cake and smiles as he eats. It was a proud mommy moment for me. Once the cake was declared dead, my favorite was Luke surveying the damage and looking to eat more as we pulled him out of the high chair to hose him down.

Now that Luke is officially one, I feel like he is no longer this fragile, tiny child. It's like this right of passage he underwent that allows me to throw footballs at him and not flip out when he completely wipes out. Boys are awesome that way. Now we just need a litter of em' so we can have a full on animal house!

Love you, Lukey! You are a hoot and a half! Looking forward to our next year together with all the crazy stuff life has packed away for us. We make a pretty grand team, huh bud?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM , Blogger dear winsome said...

aww lil lukie!! he went ham on that cake haha his tongue kills me..

 
At January 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

This looks like a fun party! And I don't know how did you brave inviting family in such a small space - I would be afraid of fights breaking out left and right lol ;-)
Happy Birthday Luke! You are one handsome nugget


happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At January 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the pictures. I remember my son's first birthday. IT goes by quickly. Glad you had fun, love the pics of him eating the cake.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

 
At January 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

you're the prettiest.
and i love that luke is hugging his cake!

xo the egg out west.

 
At January 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger AmiCheri said...

Oh my goodness, I think the picture of Luke hugging his cake is my favorite 1st birthday photo ever. That's my kind of baby!

 
At January 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Bekka said...

Happy belated birthday to cute Luke!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home