<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : It's A Jeans And Tee Kind Of Day

1.10.2013

It's A Jeans And Tee Kind Of Day

 Cardigan: F21. Tee: LOFT. Denim: Paige Denim. Socks: Target. Booties: JCPenney. Scarf: H&M.

The technology gods that be are against me. Or against us, I should say. We've spent the last 24 hours phoneless and wasted a whopping 5 hours butting heads and waiting on AT&T employees that don't have a clue about anything, and even less about their job. AT&T, I officially loathe you.

At least now I can say I tried, right? I am beginning to reconsider being tied down to technology, as ironic as that is being a "blogger" and all. It's almost as if the phones and techy gadgets are literally a life support. Having a smartphone for a heart and electrical impulses, tweets, and texts as the blood that courses through our technologically-dependent bodies for the love and addiction of staying connected (blast that FOMO).

Realizing the stress and anguish not having a phone ignited in me, I've spent the last day reconsidering where and in what I place my happiness. My security shouldn't rely on a flimsy block of plastic, circuit boards and batteries. It should be based upon the fact that I have a beautiful family that loves me, a home to keep me warm and sheltered, and freedom to come and go as I please. Note to self: the world will not end if my phone doesn't work for a day.

Needless to say, the minute existential crisis I am undergoing which was sparked by something rather inconsequential has made it a jeans and tee kind of day... for the rest of the month.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Dearest Lou said...

You look so dang cute Abbey! I'm loving your new hair, it's so you (;

 
At January 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Gentri said...

I still love the hair. How are you liking it? :)
Oh technology... it's definitely a love hate relationship. For me, it's been the door to making new relationships that were missing from my life (friends? haha). So it's definitely bitter sweet and hard to step back from.

 
At January 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Megan said...

you are so gorgeous!! and I love your hair! and I hope you got everything figured out with your phone. that is so annoying... but you are pretty even when stressed! :)

 
At January 11, 2013 at 2:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

this is my wardrobe at the moment.

and i know what you mean sometimes i think i spend time on my phone instead of spending time with my family right infront of me.

 
At January 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I Love jean and t-shirt day. It's definitely so frustrating how we are so tied to technology. It's the world we live in and somedays I also would like to shut everything down and ignore the world. I just wanted to say that I'm loving your hair.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

 
At January 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Tori Baldridge said...

I've been meaning to comment and let you know you look FAB!! This hair suits you so well and you look so happy :) Happy new year!!
xoxo
T

 
At January 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Kisha Jaggers said...

New Follower!! Found you through Caseys linkup! Love your blog.. and when you have time hop over to my blog kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year!!

 
At January 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle said...

Oh jeans and t-shirt days... they seem to be quite common around my house. In fact... I think they're my favorite kind of days! haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home