<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : My Ears Hurt

11.12.2012

My Ears Hurt

Outfit details// Shirt: LOFT (on sale). Pants: The Limited. Hat: UO. Sunglasses: LOFT. Scarf: LOFT (similar). Bracelets: H&M. Boots: MIA (similar).

We have a tiny problem developing currently as Luke is getting bigger (he's already 10 months! What?!) and navigating his small world. The issue is screaming (as documented 2 pictures above). Whenever I tell him no, it results in a blood-curdling, high pitched squeal that emits in little spurts. The kid is a literal pip-squeak.

Is this normal? Or is my child just becoming spoiled? I have been scouring the internet and mommy forums to see if this scream thing is just a stage or a deeper-rooted beginning of manipulation and game of wits with mama. I understand children test their limits, but I want to nip this behavior in the bud before we have a full-fledged Supernanny intervention (I kid, Luke is a good egg other than the no thing).

We are trying the distraction approach and using a firm "no" which is working somewhat, but he still literally gets red in the face if I take something away from him that he isn't supposed to have and really loves (like ice cream...) 

I am hoping you seasoned mothers can ease my woes and literal headache from the shrieking. A penny for your thoughts, please and thank you!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At November 12, 2012 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

obsessed with that fourth picture (of you and luke!)

it's SOOO precious

 
At November 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Daer0n said...

You're on the right track, I was advised to do the same as you are, - distraction and using a firm "No". You might feel like crap doing that and as if you are being cruel to your baby but doing that and ignoring their temper tantrums is the best, because their temper tantrums have no importance and they eventually stop trying to get the 'bad' kind of attention. If you give in they learn that they can do that all the time and get away with it to get what they want. But so far I think you and your husband and doing the right thing :)

I have a 5 and a 7 year old at home, and we STILL have to do the same, because they still test their boundaries and try to see how far they can get. Kids never stop doing that but they also go through faces where they test boundaries even more. I don't even want to imagine how it's going to be like when my kids are teenagers, because as of now, they are so difficult to deal with. But that is life I guess! :)

Best of luck! I am sure if you both keep a firm hand towards him he will grow out of the 'attitude'.

[Love your outfit!]

 
At November 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Christine Rosko said...

I love your outfit. It looks so comfy and cute. For your baby, you might think I'm crazy but what I did with one of the kids that I nannied before who would constantly scream is mimic the sound and they were so shocked that they didn't do it anymore. It was quite amusing, I'm got gonna lie.
~Christine
xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com

 
At November 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Jenna DeSantis said...

I love your hat! Luke is as adorable as always- you two are so photogenic together :-) 10 months is about right- the game of wits has begun!

XO Jenna
Demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

 
At November 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great outfit. I believe most kids go through this phase. My son certainly did. I think you just have to stay consistent and he will grow out of it. Good luck,

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

 
At November 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

Yep. Totally normal. I think consistency is the key whatever you choose to do. A firm no and then just ignoring the tantrum that follows is probably your best bet.

 
At November 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM , Anonymous Ayurveda Packages Kerala said...

Haha.
My son was also a cute yelling creature when he was a toddler
but now he is so silent. he just turned 7 years. once he yelled when we were at church and the sound was so loud that all the people started laughing and i was forced to get outside. :)

Candy Morgan

Email : candymorgan542@yahoo.in

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home