<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dare I DIY?: Fall Leaf Banner

10.04.2012

Dare I DIY?: Fall Leaf Banner


Fall is the best crafting season of them all (I did not intentionally rhyme there, but I can write you a poem if you so desire). The possibilities are endless and nature offers the best materials. For some reason I have a penchant for making holiday decor from leaves. Perhaps it is my upbringing in the Pacific Northwest, and leaves and trees everywhere bring a wave of nostalgia. 

The best thing about this leaf banner is that it costs about $5 to make and it gives your home a minimal, woodsy feel. The leaves I picked are about 6x6 inches, and I purchased the clothespins from Michaels. They are the little 2 inch ones, however you can use regular size clothespins if you prefer the look or they fit the size of your leaves better. The best part? This project took a total of 30 minutes, leaf collecting and all, and it is a superb DIY to create with your kiddos! What kid doesn't love picking leaves, or adult for that matter?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At October 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger High Dollar Hippie said...

How simple and creative! I love a fast and easy project and it's so cute!
Drey - highdollarhippie.blogspot.com

 
At October 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM , Blogger ylenia said...

How cool!
Hey nice blog here! Visit mine and let me know what you think, maybe we could follow each other!
XOXO
Ylenia

 
At October 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

that's a cool way to immortalize fall! it would look so great with gold spray paint too!

pandaphilia fashion

 
At October 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

oh silly me that is gold. wish it were more gold and sparkly! :)

 
At October 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Gentri said...

SO cute! I love this idea! I've seen it done with pine cones and I love both! Maybe I'll combine them. :D

 
At October 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this! I will be doing this very soon. Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home