<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Lost Love Letter

10.01.2012

A Lost Love Letter


As we strolled around for one of our weekly evening walks at the beach, we stumbled upon a lost love letter. Those two roses laid there in loneliness. I couldn't be sure if they were patiently waiting for their owner to find them in a frenzy of enamored love or if they were the cast-offs of a love gone sour (hence the "I miss you with all my heart and soul" bit). Even if the romantic gesture claimed the reject title, the note resonated with me... "I love you with all my heart + soul." I couldn't describe my love for my two boys more simply!

This lost love letter brought a poem to mind, which I discovered on one of my daily reads. It is one of those poems which is a perfectly articulated expression of those moments that make your heart beat with acceleration, leaving you in that transcendent place where you feel ultimately connected and alive...

What if all we are
is the combination
of what we have seen
and all our hands
have ever closed upon?
We are the ticket stubs
and lucky coins,
the falling stars
and the sound
a voice makes
as its song comes
to a haunting close
in a crowded hall.
The weathered rocks
in dark pockets and
the torn fragments
of our favorite books.
We are the pieces
of all we have ever found
glued tight inside us,
shining out.
--Tyler Knott Gregson

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 1, 2012 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

adorable photos!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At October 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

aw such a sweet letter! I hope someone finds them...

 
At October 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Katie Smith said...

Just became a follow through Mormon Fashion Bloggers! Follow back at
http://www.ktandcamsmith.blogspot.com/

I love your blog and style!

 
At October 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM , Blogger pretty little things said...

what beautiful photos! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

 
At October 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

OF COURSE, I love this post Abbey. :) Now I'm wondering if that love letter found it's way to the recipient. :(

p.s. your photos are BEAUTIFUL, my friend! xoxo

 
At February 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bevels's bank earned no interest and didn't come with either ATM cards or checks paydayloans this is
pertinent in establishing the integrity with the borrower.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home