<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Is It Scarves Or Scarfs?

5.25.2012

Is It Scarves Or Scarfs?

Blouse, Belt, Boyfriend Jeans: LOFT. Scarf: Vintage. Flats: Romwe. Lipstick: c/o NYX Black Label, Brick.

Vintage scarves are my latest obsession. For realsies. It's a borderline addiction. Whenever I'm at a thrift store or scouring the Etsy interwebs for vintage goodies, I can't help but feel a magnetic pull to the scarves! Oh are they amazing.

After playing around with different ways to wear these babies, I discovered the above look which I like to call the belt bow. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever do this, but I came to this idea on my own, therefore I am feeling particularly innovative in the accessories department.

Sick of your old belt? Belt bow it with a scarf. Outfit looking a little drab even after belting it? Belt bow it with a scarf. Need a pattern to mix up your solid tee? Belt bow it with a scarf.

My two other favorite ways to wear these skinny scarves are as a retro headwrap like I did here and here, or as a necktie like I did here for a fun alternative to a necklace.

I love it so much that I'm starting a linky party so we can all see how you style your vintage scarves! Get to that belt bowing! Your belts will thank you for such a charming companion.

Link back to this parent post and link away, m'dears.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At May 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Gurrrl your hair looks good.
(please imagine me doing that with a little head waving and finger snappin - you know how i do. or not, since we've never met, but that's okay).
I'm done now.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

I love the belt bow, what a fun idea!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At May 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think you came up with so it is definitely yours, all you have to do now is copyright it and you will be a millionaire in no time :)

 
At May 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I LOVE the necktie look with a scarf. So clever. Now, can you explain how in the world you did that?

 
At May 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Stesha said...

I love it as a bow/belt!! perfectt!!!

xx

 
At May 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

That is such a great idea to make-over my belts! I wear the waaaay to often, just plain brown. This could really spice them up! x

 
At May 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Jan said...

That belt is lovely!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com
I'm currently having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

 
At May 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

I love those shoes Abbey!! can I have them!? ;) haha... kidding. but I loovee them!!

x.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM , Blogger katherine said...

i just think you are the cutest.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Kira said...

Scarves, I believe :)

I just brought home a ton of my grandma's old scarves, I'm excited to find different ways to wear them.

 
At May 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

such a darling idea to tie a scarf to your belt! I'm def gonna have to try that!
p.s. I'm new to your blog

-Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

 
At May 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous Meredith said...

Vintage scarves are awesome! I love the bow. I am also really loving your neon flats, so cute :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home