<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

12.27.2011

A Random Thing Or Two-sday

animated gif maker
This is what we call the "progression face"...you should totally try it
I am officially deeming Tuesdays on the blog a "A Random Thing Or Two-sday".

Together we are going to learn awesome factoids, secrets, reveal the inner workings of my complicated brain, increase our vocabulary, and possibly discover the cure to something. Anything could happen. 

1) Every time I drive and read the road signs on the actual road, I still read them top to bottom. IE: the carpool lane. It reads like this:

ONLY
POOL
CAR

(remember, we are driving ⇧)

The intended approach to reading it would be "car pool only", but I can't for the life of me train my brain to do that, so instead I read it as " only pool car"...

?
 CAR
 POOL
A
IS
H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS
THE
WHAT

2) Today's dictionary word of the day is...

adventive: not native and usually not yet well established, as exotic plants or animals.

Hmm. Interesting.
3) I think Pinterest needs an app where it formulates all your pins into a book or something. Or at least for the "home" pinboards. I would like it to compile all of the things I would like my house to look like into an actual model home. Wouldn't that be amazing?

4) Guess what? Your turkey will still thoroughly cook if you put it in upside-down. You're probably thinking, "that's nice, but why would I ever do a silly thing like that?" Because, you probably don't have a piece missing like I do. Yes, I admit it. I put our Christmas turkey in upside down, however it turned out nice and moist. Perhaps I discovered the secret to a guaranteed moist turkey! 

 
5) Did you know the architect (Gustave Eiffel) who built the Eiffel tower was afraid of heights? Ha! Oh, the irony!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At December 27, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger wjmom said...

If Spencer's doing the cooking, he ALWAYS puts the turkey in upside down. He swears it makes it more moist. So you have a cohort in your theory.

 
At December 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

My dad has always put the turkey in upside-down, too... he swears that it really does make it more moist.

 
At December 27, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

OK, this post is funny and timely for me. I recently accidentally cooked a chicken upside- down. No idea how I made that mistake, but it was one of the moistest chickens I have ever made.

*Erin

 
At December 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

This post is too cute! Ha, I love that you put the turkey in upside down!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At December 27, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Elle Sees said...

i am one of those nerds who has a fact for everything, so i delight in lists like these. stop by, wontcha?

 
At December 27, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger his little lady said...

wow, i have never noticed that the sign is upside down. i guess that's when dislexia comes in handy. haha
xo TJ

 
At December 28, 2011 at 5:14 AM , Blogger Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

great idea for pinterst. you figure that out and then let me know so I can do it too! :)

 
At December 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Blogger SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

I am SO WITH YOU on the reading things top to bottom. It's sooooo aggravating to me! I read it "backwards" and then translate it back around into something that makes sense. Way too much effort while driving.

 
At December 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

this is such a cute idea and i do the exact same thing with the fire lanes on the road i don't know anyone who reads it the way its intended! n the pinterest idea would be so cool!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home