<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Life With Breast Cancer

10.10.2011

Life With Breast Cancer

2/15/2011
(Jerry)
Both biopsies confirm that Cathi has invasive ductile carcinoma cancer in her right breast with a grade rating of “high”. We both KNOW that Cathi will recover, although we may have a rough road ahead of us.


3/07/11
(Jerry)
We just heard from the surgeon and here are the results of Cathi's pathology report:
- there was NO cancer in the left breast
- there were small tumors in the lymphatic channels
- The surgeon took out 17 lymph nodes and out of these 17, Cathi only had cancer in the original two lymph nodes that were removed
 The surgeon said that Cathi will probably be facing six rounds (12-15 weeks) of chemo therapy and around five rounds of radiation after that.



3/16/11
(Cathi)
I am so grateful for the blessings in my life.  I've got a fantastic husband and wonderful kids who make me smile and laugh all the time.  I've got the greatest extended family members and friends that a person could ask for.  I've been flooded with cards, letters, phone calls, e-mails, food, and the most creative, delightful gifts that you could imagine, since this yucky cancer came into my life.  I feel so spoiled!  But even more than that, I've been blessed with the faith and prayers of great people everywhere.  My burden is being made light by all of you, and I'm truly grateful.  The Lord is in charge, and He knows what we need and when we need it, and I'm grateful for the blessing of knowing that.


3/22/11
(Cathi)
"Jerry, I am going to fight this cancer with everything I have…my physical self, my mental self, and my spiritual self. And I will continue to have faith that I will fully recover from this.”


6/19/11
(Jerry)
Although you will rarely hear Cathi complain about this whole experience (and more likely hear her make light of it), this is NOT the easiest thing in the world. The effects of the chemo are much more than physical. Cathi explains that because the drugs affect her concentration and cause restlessness and fatigue at the same time...and because the treatment spans so many weeks, it's really easy to slip into irrational thinking and forget that it will end. Fortunately, the timing of the worst effects have been fairly routine. She gets her chemo on a Tuesday and will be fine Tuesday and Wednesday. Somewhere around Thursday, the worst will start kicking in and she'll suffer through until Saturday when she starts feeling a little better.


10/1/11
(Jerry)
"On July 26, Cathi received her last treatment...finally so close to the peak and feeling the hope that comes just before the end of a long, tough journey. Then Cathi was advised she should begin six weeks of daily radiation. While this has turned out to be a "walk in the park" compared to chemotherapy, her initial realization that more "climbing" was required to reach the summit...In 1975, after becoming the first woman to climb Mount Everest, Junko Tabei said, "Technique and ability alone do not get you to the top; it is the willpower that is the most important. This willpower you cannot buy with money or be given by others . . . it rises from your heart". I am married to a woman who has done something no less incredible than climb the highest mountain in the world.


Aunt Cathi & Uncle Jerry


These excerpts are from the blog of my Aunt Cathi and Uncle Jerry. Their words are a beacon of faith, wisdom, and hope as my Aunt Cathi fights the daily battle of breast cancer. 

Isn't she a remarkable woman? I admire her strength and optimism she has possessed through this entire struggle, as well as the support and faith of my Uncle Jerry.  

Thank you, Cathi and Jerry for not being afraid to share your experiences and for being a wonderful source of inspiration to many.

With this, I want to invite all of you lovelies to join in on the fight against breast cancer!In an effort to raise funds to donate to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation®I have created the limited edition "Hope" necklace for my jewelry line, Sprightly So. 


The necklace is selling for $20, and 50% of the profits will be donated to BCRF. 


(Please visit my shop to order.)

I am so excited to let you all know $80 has been raised so far


Yahoo! 


Thank you to all of those have contributed, purchased, and spread the word to this cause! 


It is my goal to raise at least $100. This money supports research for a cure and helps to spread awareness about breast cancer. 

Please help me reach and even exceed the $100 goal! I know we can do it! Let your friends and family know. If you are a blogger, please grab my button below to promote on your blog! 


Help save the lives of the amazing women you love in your life, and potentially your own beautiful life 



Sprightly So

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At October 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

Wow. Jerry and Cathi are two inspiring people! Thank you for sharing! And you are amazing for doing all that you can to contribute! :)

 
At October 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Baby Budget Blog said...

Until there's a cure!!!

www.plentyforpennies.com

 
At October 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Megan said...

love you. love this. tweeted this.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Alice said...

great cause, and a cute necklace!


vestigialwings.blogspot.com

 
At October 10, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger skippysays said...

Wow, what an inspiring woman your aunt is! Keeping her and your family in my thoughts!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

 
At October 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

What an inspiration they are...and you are, too!! Love that pretty necklace!!!

 
At October 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Angela Leberte said...

BEAUTIFUL post! so inspirational!

xo
www.fluentbeauty.com

 
At October 10, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so inspiring! my mom passed away from adenocarcinoma of the lung in february less than six months after her diagnosis. their faith and strength is beautiful. <3

 
At October 11, 2011 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Lookk said...

Hey girl!!!! There's a translation box in the right side of the page, if like any of the texts, you can click there and read in english =) , the translantion is not thaaat great, buat its understandable...does this word exist?? hahah

xoxo
http://www.karollourenco.com.br

 
At October 11, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Your aunt is such an inspiration. I am keeping your family in my thoughts. <3

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 11, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger deniz saatçioğlu said...

This is such a nice thing you do. My mom died of a breast cancer 22 years ago. This is a huge issue for me as you can understand. When I hear these kind of stories I feel hope again. Such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing this.

denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home