<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Yellow Submarine

7.21.2011

Yellow Submarine

(Fun fact: Click on the post title to hear the song )

Earlier this week, Matt and I explored San Deigo Harbor & Coronado Island as we took the ferry round trip from the harbor to the island.  The area is full of so much naval history and current naval activity, including the carrier that supposedly dumped Osama bin Laden's body! Crazy, huh? 



The views from the ferry are breath-taking. If your blood pressure needs lowering and your life needs a stress-free break, I suggest going on this excursion.


Coronado is the stuff fairy tales are made of. The houses are whimsically charming and the shops and restaurants are quaint and welcoming. Island Pasta is one of the best pizza and pasta shops in the world. All ingredients are made from scratch and the food is fresh, fresh, fresh! I seriously suggest it if you are going there anytime soon or live in the area and haven't tried it yet!

I was so excited to be able to wear my bohemian hippie skirt. Now, I'll let you in on a little secret. I bought that skirt back in 2004 at a thrift store as part of a costume. Multiple times I considered throwing it out, but my inner fashion guru told me to hold out! Now my tie-dyed little number is right on trend! Best $2 I ever spent! 
Moral of the story: Hold on to those wacky pieces you think you'll never wear, because you will!


Jessica's outfit from earlier this week inspired me to put together my own version of the look by pairing a long skirt with a striped tee, and I am loving my mixed print result! Try mixing your tie-dye and stripe pieces sometime this week. I think you'll love it!

Have a peaceful day ☮.

P.S. Follow Along Abbey Road if you would love to hear my latest news and findings. You can also 'Like' Along Abbey Road on Facebook to get daily updates! Thanks for sharing the love!

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

What a fun excursion, the photos are really quite lovely!
And your stripes and tie dye are a fun combination!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Shamsa said...

Looks like so much fun!!!Great pictures :) and I love the skirt! XOX

 
At July 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love boat rides. I have seen on multiple blogs lately of people going on ferry rides or boat rides and I would love to get to go soon too. I also love that green and purple house. Green is my favorite color.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

You look gorgeous darling! Love it!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger deniz saatçioğlu said...

I really love your sweater. Great place

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

www.denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com

 
At July 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Lublyou said...

i love your skirt and thanks for reminding me that i should put San Diego on my road trip list!
have a great day!!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 4:16 AM , Blogger lop said...

love the long skirt, a little hippie!! love it!!!
great pictures!
http://thecolorbox.blogspot.com/
margaret

 
At July 22, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Avalon Cat Cartoons said...

Great pictures and lovely outfit!
~Avalon

 
At July 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Blogger jessica // union shore said...

looks like such a fun time!! and i LOVE that skirt!!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Julie Del said...

I LOVE this look! You look super comfy and stylish. Great skirt!

Julie Del @ J.Bird

 
At August 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Denise Pacurar said...

I LOVE the Bohemian look :) Love your blog too!

I am a new follower hun!

Maybe we can follow each other! Visit me at:

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

XOXO Denise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home