<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dare I DIY?: All-Natural Scrub Exfoliant

4.04.2013

Dare I DIY?: All-Natural Scrub Exfoliant


In an ongoing effort to figure out this whole gluten-free lifestyle, I've learned that it is just as important to be aware of the products that go on your body and not just what is put in. I also am starting to make the shift of using all-natural products, specifically ones that go on my face. There is just this awful mental image in my brain of my face falling off with leprosy in my old age because I was ignorantly lathering my face with radioactive toxins as a young woman, unbeknownst to the FDA. Sounds like the story lines of a comic book series or something silly like that, but needless to say I always feel much better using that natural goodness. I suppose a good rule of thumb to go by is if you can eat it, you can put it on your face... right? Right. And what better place to start than with making your very own, organic scrub exfoliant? 

Unfortunately, adult acne is real and I have it. My skin was virtually pimple-free as a teenager and then I hit 21 and all the acne I missed out on in pubescent years found its way to my face. Lovely.

Enter this exfoliant!


Materials:

1 oz fine pink Himalayan sea salt
1/4 c gluten-free oat bran
1/4 c organic almonds
Food processor
Bowl
Spoon
Small glass jars

Instructions:

Measure out needed amounts of salt, bran and almonds. Chop and grind almonds in food processor until finely ground. Combine all three ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Distribute into glass jars for storage. 

Isn't that the easiest all-natural scrub in the world? The good thing about this one is that pink Himalayan sea salt is a super mineral that cleanses and rejuvenates your face. Almonds are great for nourishing skin, as they are packed with antioxidants and the bran is awesome at sluffing off that dead skin. I prefer to use this scrub on my face and arms about 2 times a week in the shower. Just wet desired area, apply a small handful and rub it liberally all over that gorgeous face and body of yours! You will be softer and all the more glowier for it.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At April 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh this sounds awesome! i will have to try it out!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At April 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I was going to just go to the store and buy a scrub. Ill just make my own now! Thanks for sharing Abbey!

 
At April 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM , Blogger yours truly said...

Looks like a great natural scrub! Have to try this!

 
At April 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

This looks great -- although I'd probably want to eat it if it smells good. Where do you find pink Himalayan sea salt? I've never heard of that.

 
At April 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Siobháin Autumn said...

The oil from the almonds must be so amazing for your skin!

- Siobhain

www.thehapagirl.com

 
At April 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for using the word pubescent.

 
At April 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Thank you so much. I love this! I can't wait to use this. I need good exfoliators for my skin.

Kate from Clear the Way

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home