<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Cute And Colorful Summer Outfit Ideas For Little Boys

5.19.2015

Cute And Colorful Summer Outfit Ideas For Little Boys

Cute And Colorful Summer Outfit Ideas For Little Boys

Three years ago when we found out we were having our first boy, some of the initial fears and concerns that played through my mind were, Boy clothes are ugly! What in the crap do I dress him in?! There are, like, only three things boys can wear. 

I am kind of rolling my eyes as I write this, but it was true. I am a girl, therefore I was only familiar with girl clothing and fashion. (Give me all the pink, ruffles and florals!) And I honestly think that is part of the million reasons it is fun being a mother to little ladies. Although, I can give you a billion reasons why being a mom to boys is even better ;)

Anyway, it turns out that boy clothes aren't just dinosaurs, trucks and cars. Imagine that! There are plenty of adorable places to shop for man child clothes. (See this hilarious meme—I'm sorry, but I started crying from laughing so hard when I saw it for the first time. I also just spent the last 10 minutes searching for it. You're welcome).

My favorite places to shop for Luke and Wesley's clothes are Gap, H&M, Old Navy, Target and Zara. They are actually the only places I shop and I hit the jackpot every time without breaking the bank.

These three cute and colorful summer outfits for a little boy above are all from Zara. They are high-quality and survive the beatings boy clothes go through—and they make great hand-me-downs, which we believe in. Now that I have two boys, I have realized the little fellas really don't need that many clothes either. Really. Boys are simple, and boys are messy, and it's easier to dress them if there aren't too many options to choose from.

Here are the basics of what you need for a little boy summer wardrobe:

  • A few tee shirts. It's good to have some printed and graphic ones, as well as a couple of plain basics.
  • A couple pairs of shorts. Again, one solid and one with a fun print, or overalls.
  • Basic pair of pants or denim. Gray denim pants are my favorite. They go with everything.
  • A light sweatshirt or jacket. I've found that picking a vibrant color can actually pair well with most things.
  • A pair of sandals, a pair of sneakers (red is also a color that looks awesome with most things), and a pair of docksiders for dressier occasions.

And there you have it! Maybe get them a cute baseball cap or some shades to accessorize and you have a stylish little dude on your hands.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At May 19, 2015 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

I felt the same way when I found out I was having a boy! I had wanted a girl so that I could dress her up but I LOVE having a boy instead! Your boys are always so well dressed!

 
At May 19, 2015 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Jayme said...

I love the idea of a sweat shirt instead of a jacket for the summer. So I looked into the one you posted and found the red white and blue one... LOVE it. I'm a huge 4th of July fan for basically the whole summer so it's definitely on it's way to my house now. I love dressing my little boy.

 
At May 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Rebekah! We stay in our pajamas until noon almost every day, so it's fun to actually dress them up in cute things when do put on real clothes ;)

 
At May 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't their stuff the cutest? We are huge fans of sweatshirts because they aren't as bulky, and like you mentioned, cuter colors! So fun you have it for the 4th!

 
At May 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

Totally feel the same. We love to shop all those places too!

 
At May 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

these are all darling :)

 
At June 1, 2015 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Our baby boys have style! ;)

 
At June 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home