<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : The Best Healthy, Homemade Granola

5.06.2015

The Best Healthy, Homemade Granola

The Best Healthy, Homemade Granola Recipe
The hardest part in maintaining my fitness is the whole sugar intake debacle. I LOVE sugar—refined sugar for clarification. I would marry it if I could. (In the third grade sense of humor.) Obviously, I had to have the talk with it, and it wasn't pretty. We are on what you would call "a break." We still flirt and interact occasionally, but we are no longer holding each other in an embrace all hours of the day. Our relationship just wasn't healthy. I had withdrawals the first week of limiting our interaction, but after the initial shock wore off and I surrounded myself with more natural sugars, life returned to normal. And it's better than ever!

One of my favorite treats I've been eating is this amazing healthy, homemade granola. My friend Becca (make sure you enter our Instagram giveaway for two $50 gift cards to Albion Fit!) made it for me and I CANNOT stop eating it. It reminds me of cake batter for some reason and I am still in shock that the only sweeteners in it are honey and vanilla! That's it! Tastes like candy heaven. Trust me when I say this is the stuff in which you should indulge your sweet tooth if you are trying to be healthy. Get the recipe below!

The Best Healthy, Homemade Granola Recipe



Healthy, Homemade Granola Recipe

Ingredients:

4 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup wheat germ,
3/4 cup flour (whole wheat, almond, spelt, etc)
3/4 cup non-fat powdered milk
1 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup coconut oil
1-2 tsp. vanilla

The Best Healthy, Homemade Granola Recipe

Directions:

1. Mix dry and wet ingredients separately then combine and mix well.

2. Pour into a glass pan and bake for 30-45 minutes at 250˚F. Granola should be soft.

3. Enjoy on top of Greek yogurt with berries, or in a bowl with milk to change up your cereal!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 6, 2015 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

Thank you! love this recipe girl

Happy Medley

 
At May 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Anna! My friend Becca is a health food genius!

 
At May 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Anna! My friend Becca is a health food genius!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home