<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : 5 Magical Movies To Watch On Netflix This Weekend

2.28.2015

5 Magical Movies To Watch On Netflix This Weekend

1. Bewitched. The new version! I spent my tween years watching all of the old Bewitched episodes, so I have a special place in my heart for Samantha. She is cute, spunky, and Nicole Kidman plays her perfectly. This is a feel-good watch for sure. Also, please show by a raise of hands if you try to wiggle your nose to see if you have magical powers every time you watch this. (Me! Me! Insert hand raising emoji!)


2 . Stardust. First of all, Claire Danes is the bomb and she is the perfect person to play the role of a literal star. Second, Sienna Miller is in this movie and I am not exaggerating when I say I have the FATTEST girl crush on her. I have since she played Edie Sedgwick in Factory Girl nine years ago. She is gorgeous, her style is insanely on point, and I still wish she and Jude Law could have worked it out almost as much as I wished for Rachel and Ryan to reunite. And her short hair do she has going on right now? It is taking EVERY fiber of my willpower to not chop mine off again. Okay, this has turned into the I Love Sienna Miller Show, but let's get back to Stardust. It's brilliant and beautiful and a definite must-see.



3. Finding Neverland. This one is a tearjerker, but in the best of ways! One of those magical movies in the sense that it can change your heart and make you want to be a better person. Promise me you'll watch it, k?


4. The Brothers Grimm. Oh, Heath. How I miss him. The walls of my teenage bedroom consisted of magazine cutout murals of his face, along with Justin Timberlake and Leo D. On warm summer nights my best friend, Molly, and I used sneak onto the porch of the house where they filmed 10 Things I Hate About You, just so we could sit where Heath sat. We would dream of Heath kissing us like he did in this scene and squeal at the excitement of being teenage fangirls. (I grew up in the Puget Sound area of Washington state, which is where it was filmed.) Also, remember how baby faced JGL was? And what happened to the dude who played Joey Donner? Here I go getting off track again! What was I talking about initially? Oh, yeah! The Brothers Grimm! I haven't seen it, and based on the pictures and trailers, I don't know if I should be a bit spooked or excited. We shall see!


5. Teen Witch. Another movie I have never seen, but 80's teen movies never disappoint. I am excited to snuggle up in my bed and watch it with a huge bowl of buttery popcorn and peanut butter M&Ms. Seriously though, you have to try it. The popcorn melts the M&Ms so they are mushy and delicious.

Image source 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
  Image Map

Labels:

9 Comments:

At March 1, 2015 at 3:19 AM , Blogger Sara Beth said...

Teen Witch was one of my favourites! It used to always play on the Disney Channel (back when the Disney channel was cool for young teens). Bonus: her dad is played by my least favourite of the Darrens from the original Bewitched, Dick Sergeant, and there are some awesome (read: terrible) rap numbers in it.

 
At March 1, 2015 at 7:44 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

What great choices! I am literally going to watch Teen Witch right now. I've never seen it but I love 80s movies.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At March 1, 2015 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I loved Bewitched! i'm totally going to check that one out.

 
At March 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM , Blogger hnousun said...

I can't believe teen witch is on Netflix! I'm going to watch it! thanks!

 
At March 2, 2015 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is very useful trivia information to know! Speaking of Disney Channel throwbacks, remember Lizzie McGuire? I miss those days!

 
At March 2, 2015 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo! Hope you liked it :)

 
At March 2, 2015 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is such a cute movie! Hope you loved it.

 
At March 2, 2015 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So great, right?

 
At March 4, 2015 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Katie said...

OMG Teen Witch is on Netflix!!! I had no idea! Need to add it ASAP. I had no clue Finding Neverland was on there either. I love them both!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home