<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : This Banana Bread Recipe Will Change Your Life

2.18.2015

This Banana Bread Recipe Will Change Your Life

Banana Bread Recipe

Sometimes there are recipes in the world that have the power to change lives. This banana bread recipe is one such recipe. It is practically a thing of legend in the community I grew up in. Really. Just ask anyone at our church about Marie's banana bread and you will get a, "OHMYGOSHSOGOOD!" response. (Or something along those lines.) I tell you, this stuff is incredible and EASY. Like, the only skills (or lack thereof) you need are the ability to measure, mix and turn on an oven. That means you too can be a master of banana bread and potential local legend!

Banana Bread Recipe
K, here are the magical, secret ingredients to that loaf of bread which will bring much good fortune and many friends into your life. Just make sure you give my mama credit where credit is due, mkay?

Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread Recipe
Yields 4 loaves
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

6-8 ripe bananas, mashed (the more ugly and brown the banana, the sweeter the bread)
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
4 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
(Nuts are optional, but I personally like it without them)

(Totally random side thought! I always say the ingredients in my head like the fairies in Sleeping Beauty whenever I type out recipe instructions—you know, when they are making Aurora's birthday cake? I religiously watched that movie twice per day when I was little, and the voice of the green fairy, Fauna, will forever be stuck in my brain. "One tsp ... Tisp?" And then the ever snarky and wonderful Merryweather scolds and points, "One teaspoon." Anyone else do this? Anyone? Bueller?)

Banana Bread Recipe
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F.

2. In a large mixing bowl, blend all the wet ingredients and sugar with a stand mixer or electric mixer. Once they are thoroughly blended and smooth, add the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.

3. Pour into 4 greased and floured 7 1/2x 3 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 325°F for one hour. Enjoy!

Banana Bread Recipe

Image Map

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At February 18, 2015 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

I love a good and delicious (full of nuts) banana bread recipe.... I do have one which I have been using without fail. This is a giant recipe - but do add Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and i feel like it adds a little more 'health' factor to it.

Love your photography lately!

HAPPY MEDLEY

 
At February 19, 2015 at 5:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmm looks yummy! I wish I had some right now for breakfast. I totally do the tisp in my head too :)

 
At February 19, 2015 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Kathleen Harper said...

Yummy and inspirational!
<3
katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2015 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Kelly Ann said...

THANK YOU for sharing this recipe! I just made it since I happened to have all the ingredients + we are still snowed in over here so I figured, why not. Let me tell you... This is THE BEST banana bread I have ever had. Mmm!

 
At February 24, 2015 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

This is such an awesome recipe! Even better, it makes two loaves. I cut the sugar down to 1-1/2 cups and it was plenty sweet. The loaves spent an hour in the oven and are still perfectly moist and delicious. Thank you for sharing!

 
At February 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The Greek yogurt is a good idea!

 
At February 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, I am glad I am not the only one ;)

 
At February 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Kathleen!

 
At February 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YAYYY! That makes me so happy to hear you think it is THE BEST too. My mom will be happy :)

 
At February 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Whoohoo! Glad it turned out well! xo

 
At February 19, 2016 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Audrey {Crisp} said...

This looks delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home