<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

2.03.2015

A Random Thing Or Two-sday






Vintage Overalls
LOFT Striped Top
Anthropologie Hat
LOFT Round Sunglasses

1. I am up in Heber at my parents' house and my mom and I have been rummaging through old suitcases containing my grandma's clothes. My mom found these overalls and immediately thought of me. And since overalls are oh-so-trendy, I thought I'd give my hand at the farmer-chic thing. These vintage babies are from the 1940's and they were my Grandma Nellie's working overalls. See the shed I am standing in front of? She more than likely wore these while she toiled and labored away in there (and to clean the chimney, according to my mom), so it was a fun blast of nostalgia bringing them back to life.

2. Fact: A group of cats is called a clowder (source).

3. False nostalgia, or having a nostalgia for a time we never lived in, is an incredibly fascinating concept to me. The definition of nostalgia is "a sentimental longing or wistful association for the past, specifically for a period or place with happy associations." So how is it we can intensely long for something that has never personally happened to us? We don't truly know what it was like to be in that time period. I guess it is simply another case of the-grass-is-always-greener, but in reverse. (Am I making any sense? It's more like a Rambly Thing Or Two-sday! Hardy har har.)

4. So I almost literally peed my pants the other day. I had a 30 minute drive before I made it home, and I thought I was going to LOSE. IT. By the last five minutes I was sweating profusely, had the A/C on full blast, and was doing Lamaze-type breathing. The funny thing is that I had just gone to the bathroom right before I left! Having babies has straight up wrecked my bladder control. I often wonder if it worse because of my c-section, or if it is just having kids in general? Please tell me I am not the only one!

5. Would you rather trade bodies with your significant other for a week or trade places with one of your children (or niece or nephew) for a day? Take note that your mental capacities are still the same, so beware!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would switch bodies with my wife, and then quit smoking for her. I'd rather go through all that tough (20+ years) withdrawal than her have to do it.

 
At February 3, 2015 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Kelly Ann said...

#4. YES. Happens to me all the time! I had twin boys (not a c-section) and no matter how many times I go to the bathroom before I leave I still wind up doing Lamaze breaths in the car. lol

I would rather trade places with one of my kiddos! Having someone dote on me all day, and take a nap or two without a care in the world? Yes please!

 
At February 5, 2015 at 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh, i feel like i have so much false nostalgia! haha! i figure i just have a lot of feelings and an over-active imagination! ;) and i would soooo rather trade bodies with my little lady, because age 2.5 as a little princess girl sounds so much more fun than a 28 year old [hot] guy who starts his day with 5:30 crossfit?! no way, jose!! i love him, though! and what great overalls those are!! vintage makes them even better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home