<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

11.25.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday






The Quaintrelle Tee c/o Corilynn & Co
LOFT Ruffled Collar Trench Coat (similar)
H&M Imitation Leather Pants (similar)
Merona Bow Cloche Hat (updated style)
Mossimo Gail Ankle Strap Open Pump
Bella France Lip Pencil in Red

1. Let's talk about this tee. It's one you end up wearing with everything. It's comfy like a shirt I would sleep in, but chic enough to pair with some pumps and red lips, or dress it down with some jeans, flats and a baseball cap. (The latter is what I wear 95% of the time.) I am sure you have heard of Corilynn & Co from their beautiful skirts and dresses, yes? If no, you have to go look at them, stat. Also, they just launched a tee line and I am obsessed. FYI, "quaintrelle" means "a woman who emphasizes a life of passion, expressed through personal style, leisurely pastimes, charm, and cultivation of life's pleasures." Ummm, yeeeesssss to all of that! I will happily make that my life's motto. Also, let's talk about cloche hats for a quick sec! I have had this cute hat for almost two years and this is the first time I have worn it! Either my hair was too long or too short, so I have decided that the perfect length of hair for cloche hats is shoulder length. In case you have a problem wearing your cloche hat too. :)

2. Fact: Approximately 270 million turkeys are sold annually every Thanksgiving. That is about 7 billion pounds of turkey, which is about $3 billion in sales (source). That's A LOT of tryptophan pumping through people's bodies. No wonder everyone is so crazy on Black Friday! We are all just a bunch of tired chumps still trying to digest our billions of dollars of turkey.

3. So there is this girl at the local Old Navy who looks like me. Well, I guess I should say from the eyes up we look identical, although her eyebrows are shaped differently than mine, but they are the same color and texture and whatever. Anyway, the first time I saw her I was like, "Whoa! That girl looks like me! But her teeth and mouth are different... and her nose is a little more pointed... and her face shape is a little more square than mine." The next time I went in she was working at the register again, when another girl said to me, "You look a lot like our employee over there! Like, you guys could be sisters!" K, so now here is the kicker. I told Matt about this girl, so on Saturday we went in specifically to see if this look-alike was working. Within 10 seconds of entering the store, the greeter stares at me with a quizzical brow and says, "Wow, you look REALLY familiar. Wait a minute — you look like a girl who works here!" At this point I am absolutely gobsmacked and Matt starts laughing at loud. I tried to politely ask the girl, "No way! Where is she?!" so I could see her, but I already KNEW who she was and it was terribly awkward exchange between us after that. Neither of us knew what to say and she stealthily backed away into a rack of clothes within five seconds. Matt finally saw the girl and he was like, "Hmmm, I don't know. I could see how maybe she could be your little sister?" All I know is that every time I see her, I have what I would imagine a Parent Trap moment to feel like. What if?! (Could you imagine finding out you had a lost twin or a half sister?) Anyway, have you seen your own look-alike in person before? It's a bizarre feeling.

4. Look at what these dogs do when they are placed in a photo booth! So flippin' cute.

5. Would you rather eat your weight in fruit snacks or marshmallows?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2014 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Brady and Brittany said...

Please get a picture of this Old Navy worker! Sort of like your old spying days in your last apartment?! Also, remember when you saw that girl at the beach who looked just like me? I hope I still have that picture somewhere because it's freaky!

 
At November 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, I totally need to take a picture WITH her! I am such a freak. And it was freaky how much that girl looked like you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home