<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

10.16.2012

A Random Thing Or Two-sday

Outfit// Sweater: H&M (Matt's). Denim: Paige Denim. Scarf: LOFT (similar). Boots: MIA (similar). Socks: H&M. Lipstick: c/o NYX, Garnet.

1) Our blind chihuahua, Benny, fell off the stairs on Sunday. It was a 7 foot drop, which I imagine is more than terrifying when you only weigh 2 lbs and barely measure a foot yourself. I honestly thought his life had met its end. The image of him falling is seared into my memory -- you know, that yucky stuff nightmares are made of. Yet, this time it was a reality. It was one of the most traumatizing events I've witness in my life thus far. But guess what? He is one tough puppy and is 100% okay. Can you believe it? I think it would be accurate to say his good fortune and health is a miracle. If you are in need of a good luck charm, this pup is full of that luck stuff. Orrr, maybe dogs have 9 lives too!

2) Fact: Anciently, The Celts associated apples with goddesses, and most often these goddesses were responsible for the romantic fates of people. On Halloween, young, unmarried boys and girls would bob for apples and the first to snag an apple was supposedly the next to be wed (source). Who knew bobbing for apples had such a romantic history?

3) So we went to the Chargers came last night. It was delightful, as I presumed. Delightful in the way that beer spillage and excessive drunken banter is. They lost to the Broncos, but overall it was highly entertaining watching all the raucous. According to the nightly news, there is a 42% increase in game day arrests when the Chargers lose. So I guess that means there was extra raucous for our viewing pleasure. And does anyone else place at least two three toilet seat liners when using the bathroom at athletic arenas? There is something about stumbling girls in line in front of me that shreds any bit of confidence I have in their ability to pee in the toilet itself, and not on the seat. I have a feeling Jerry Seinfeld and I would be great real life friends so we could revel in our germaphobe ways.

4) Luke's top teeth are coming in. Not the ones that Alvin wishes for for Christmas, though. More like the Edward Cullen kind. Luke is growing fangs! Just in time for Halloween. That kid is so festive. 

5) Would you rather sleep on a bed of snakes or eat a bowl full of live spiders (you have to pick; none of that "I wouldn't do either" mumbo-jumbo)?

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At October 16, 2012 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Maggie B. said...

Glad Benny is ok! And I'd take the bed of snakes over the bowl of spiders, any. day. of. the. week. =)

 
At October 16, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Bed of snakes. Duh!

 
At October 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you look adorable, love your hair and glad to hear your puppy is ok!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At October 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger pretty little things said...

you look so comfy and cozy in that outfit! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

 
At October 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Eeeeep! I'd rather eat a pound of spiders before letting snakes slither all over me for 6 hours! Freaks. Me. Out.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

Bed of snakes - hands down!

Glad your pup is ok - I would be traumatized too!

xxx
Jenna

 
At October 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Jenna DeSantis said...

Abbey!!!

I absolutely love this look!! the red lips are the perfect accessory for a chunky knit. As for your little pup, I am so sorry to hear about his fall, I am glad he is okay!! Pets are so precious and very loved. I can relate- my beagle Ruby was bitten by a rattlesnake this weekend. $3 grand later and after spending the weekend in critical care, she is okay. I wrote a post about it as well :-) check it out!

demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

XO Jenna

 
At October 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your puppy is ok. Its quite scary to think what could have happened. Love your outfit. I adore your lipstick. What shade and brand is it?

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

 
At October 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

bed of snakes no question.

and i love the bobbing for apples history--what a lovely idea.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Gentri said...

Oh no! I'm so glad he is ok! That breaks my heart!

 
At October 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger elise rogers said...

oh my gosh!! Those red lips are stunning! So fun! Your blog is adorable! Im a new follower and cannot wait to read more!

xoxo

http://elisemn.blogspot.com/

 
At October 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Eat the spiders! Great post love hearing about your little man :) xxx
mineminemagie.blogspot.ie

 
At October 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Erin said...

If the snakes aren't poisonous, I'd for sure do that.
Poor Benny! And you! Glad he's okay.
I feel like I need to go bob for some apples...

 
At October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Bed of snakes, but those suckers better be the non-bite-y kind!
I was almost crying about your little fur baby's near death experience... hold him close and give him lots of kisses!
xx
Here&Now

 
At October 17, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always been amused to be here....simply an awesome post..

 
At October 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Liz Luscomb said...

Well...I'm going with the bed of snakes.
I just don't know how much sleeping I would actually be doing. lol. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home