<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

6.05.2012

A Random Thing Or Two-sday

Entire outfit: LOFT. 

1) The under portion of my hair is slowly and unintentionally turning into dreads, meaning I rarely brush it because I am lazy. When I was 16, I saw this really cool, edgy girl with dreads on the under portion. Remember this was when the current style was dying the under hair dark with a platinum partial on top. She took the punky route of that style and it was awesome. You know the girls that make grunge and slovenly appearances look chic? Kind of like Alanis Morrisette? That was this girl. I wanted her hair bad, but was too chicken to do it because I didn't want to shave my head or cut my hair to get rid of them.  I'm extremely fickle with hair styles. Anyway, perhaps this current accidental dreadlocking is my subconscious way of achieving a hairstyle that I wouldn't otherwise feel to be appropriate as a mother. It's more attainable than my life long dream of having this hair, although the hair chalking thing has me interested. Hey, maybe I'll just mix the dreads and chalking and go for a look similar to this (I'm just joking, mom... kind of).

2) Fact: The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language (source). Whoa, I can't even say that when I slowly read it out loud. Try doing that 5 times as fast as you can. Sike.

3) I love the word colloquial and onomatopoeia. There is something great about such fancy words possessing very basic meanings. Example: Shaq is the shiz -- SHAZAM KAZAAM! Good thing Shaq took the athlete road instead of the performing artist track.. did I just pun there? That worked out well. I'm almost as good as Shaq with his freestyle skillz right now.

4) Last week I had 3 different people mention how cute Luke is, however it sounded something along the lines of, "She is so cute! Look at her iPood shirt!" Really? You really think my baby is a girl? He's wearing BOY clothes. If my ardent opposition to dressing Luke in dinosaur laden clothing means he looks like a girl, so be it. My baby's got style. Boo-yah.

5) Should I start A Random Thing Or Two-sday linkup? Lemme know your thoughts. I want to see the interesting facts and random things you throw out there. Here is ARTOT's tagline: A Random Thing Or Two-sday... bringing you the pointless crap you never knew you wanted to know.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At June 5, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger crissy // mama boss said...

I think most people automatically assume babies are girls. I always had my boys dressed very obviously like boys, and still got the girl comments. All the time. (Hello?! If this were a girl she'd have a huge bow on her head.) Then again, pretty sure I got a boy comment with my little girl, who had a giant bow on her head. So, maybe people are just crazy.

 
At June 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Hailey said...

haha too funny! i love the random thing or two-sday!

 
At June 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Roots Out West said...

YES start a link up.
Love that belt and those pants.
People should clearly know your baby is a boy..jeez.

 
At June 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Totally think you should do a link up. And Luke is all boy!!!!!!

 
At June 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

that tongue twister IS HARD!! :P and you look gorggg. <3

x.

 
At June 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

great post i would so love to see your hair like any of those three photos! and cute outfit love the pants!

City Style

 
At June 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...

Wow, onomatopoeia is such a cool word! But whats even cooler is your outfit lady! LOVE these colors and prints!
And oh yes...if Veronica doesn't have a headband on, people assume she is a boy. Must be the lack of hair..;)
Cheers,
Anna

 
At June 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

I can't say #2 out loud either, I just wasted 5 minutes trying to do it and now I just feel dumb. Ha. Anyway, people think Luke is a girl? That's just silly!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At June 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Jan said...

I love the word onomatopoeia too!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com
I'm having a new giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

 
At June 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger The Mrs. and The Momma said...

I would always want to tell people, "Just take a quick moment to give the baby a once-over, and then it should be quite apparent whether it's a girl or boy." In my opinion, he has quite a masculine, handsome face. :)
-Kristen

 
At June 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

Hahahaha, I don't really understand how they could think that he's a girl, but whatever. He's adorable.

 
At June 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That last sentence made me laugh out loud.

My hair could become dreads too especially on Sunday after it poured down with rain and my hair became a matted mess but I am going to blame that on the weather, it is nothing to do with the fact that I hardly brush it like ever.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home