<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : World Class Idiot

5.31.2012

World Class Idiot


The other day I noticed a girl (for the sake of keeping identities safe we'll call this girl Penny Lane) had commented on a mutual friend's Facebook picture. Realizing that I hadn't looked at Penny Lane's Facebook recently and wondering how she was doing, I clicked on her picture.

Gasp! We weren't friends. 

I felt incredibly miffed that I had been "unfriended". It's the worst feeling in the world, especially when you think your friendship/relationship is valid enough to make it through a round of filtering even. You know the feeling I'm talking about, I'm sure of it.

I decided I wouldn't let the "unfriending" bother me, so what did I do? Naturally, I sent her a friend request again and a long message asking how her baby was, how she and her husband were doing, etc, etc.

Later that night I opened up my messages to find something along these lines, "Um, sorry but I think you have the wrong Penny. You look really familiar though... maybe I know you?"

At this point in my head I was thinking, Really? You really just pulled a "you don't know me" when we used to hang out and our husband's went to grad school together?! REALLY?

Before I fixed myself into a huffy mess, I decided to check my friend list just to be sure. As I typed in her name, up popped Penny Lane... one with whom I was friends!

TALK ABOUT FEELING LIKE THE WORLD'S BIGGEST IDIOT.

Apparently Penny Lane has a real like look-a-like. (Side note: I hate using the word doppelganger because the real definition of the word scares me). Really though, what are the chances of having the same name, same face and practically the same baby too?

Moral of the story? This would happen to me. Oh yeah, and learn from my example. Check yourself before acting the fool.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At May 31, 2012 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

Hahaha, this story just made me laugh! The good news is, your friend Penny, the real one, still likes you! Yay for that! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At May 31, 2012 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Pahahahahha, I love it - That's pretty hilarious, not going to lie. It also sounds like something i would do.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Jay said...

Hahahaha - too funny!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

hahahaha I've done that before!! :P oh, and just recently, my bestfriend un-friended me!!!

x.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Gabriella said...

This was too funny. On a side note, I just have to say those shoes are fabulous!

Gabriella

 
At May 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Kira said...

Haha awkward. At least you didn't mistake her for the other Penny in person. That would be like 10 times more uncomfortable.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

This is the best story of all time!!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Haha, that's weird that she looked the same and had the same name! You need to tell her that story, lol.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Makaila said...

i know it wasn't a laughing matter, but it made me laugh! "check yourself before acting a fool" advise to remember!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

this is so funny something like that would definitely happen to me, and so funny how she said you looked familiar i feel like you always get that!

City Style

 
At June 1, 2012 at 3:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This made me laugh so much! Definitely something I would od--I have too many of these sort of tales.

 
At June 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous Janine said...

Haha, this story just made my day a little better.

 
At June 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha i love this story and your blog...and those shoes. this story is hilarious! we all have those awkward moments,,,

 
At June 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I have never discovered being de-friended but I have gotten a message like the one you described. It was so incredibly awkward!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just happy to know the real "penny lane" wasn't faking you out and being so evil and rude! lol!

www.wewouldlovetoadopt.blogspot.com

 
At June 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these!! Bright pink so cute!!! This would go great with a skirt I have that I got from empress couture, so happy they're opening up an online boutique soon with many modest styles. I love your style by the way!!! You should be a stylist!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home