<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : The Case Of The Missing Binky

5.30.2012

The Case Of The Missing Binky


*I would just like to note that I understand how to grammatically capitalize  titles, but for the sake of aesthetics on this blog I like to capitalize every letter in my titles. You know how some people like to write in all lower case? I like to capitalize all words in my titles. And now I've officially over-used the word capitalize. It's been bothering me, as I'm a bit of a grammar freak, and I want to clarify to all the other grammar freaks out there that I'm not ignorantly writing my titles in an incorrect manner.

Somewhere deep in the abyss of the crib walls lies a captive little group of Soothies. There they sit day after day, hoping and wondering when their owner will find them. Oh how they wish to be coddled by the slobbery gums of an almost teething 4 month old.

The periwinkle binky laments, "Will I ever see the roof of mouth again? After all, I was the favorite!"

The blue pacifier cries, "I knew this would happen! I was always the last resort binky."

And the green pacifier calmly says, "Good thing I have a twin that I'm always mistaken for! This is my third time being lost and I've been found every time! Have no fear my fellow Soothies."

Little do they know that their owner is so lazy that she would rather go out and purchase new pacifiers than dig around the dusty underparts of the crib.

And so the down-trod pack of Soothies remain, waiting for their day of rescue.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At May 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This made me laugh so much!

 
At May 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This made me laugh so much!

 
At May 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This made me laugh so much!

 
At May 30, 2012 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

Hahah I love it. I randomly found one of my niece's pacifiers under the bathroom sink, no one knows why/how it got there.

At Nordstrom, they have this pacifier that says "Mute Button"... it's crazy cute! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At May 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

I like to capitalize my blog post titles too ; )

 
At May 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

hahaha, I love it.

 
At May 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I am the same. I would so much rather go buy some new ones than look for the old ones. How do they always go missing?!?!

 
At May 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM , Blogger The Mrs. and The Momma said...

When I saw the title I thought that you'd weaned him off of his paci already! Too funny...what a sweet little baby boy!
-K

The Mrs. and The Momma

 
At May 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Hailey said...

that's funny! it would make a cute baby book :)

 
At May 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Kira said...

I am so the opposite. I will turn this house upside down to find that missing binky!

 
At June 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these adorable pictures! I can't wait until I get to the age where all of my friends are having kids.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous Sophia S. said...

Capitalizing all the words in the title is actually proper AP style. So you're all good. Plus (since you like to make Beatles references) usually song titles capitalize ever word in them, too. So you're definitely A-OK by this grammarian's standards. :)

 
At June 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM , Blogger AmiCheri said...

Aww, Luke is getting so big! I loved your caption about capitalization. I totally understand the need to clarify that yes, I know the rules, I'm just breaking them. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home