<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : DIY Holiday Wreath

10.25.2011

DIY Holiday Wreath

Nesting has kicked in, however in the form of crafting. I am craft crazed. Seriously.

Sadly, Matt and I just returned from a funeral for his uncle. It was a beautiful service, honoring an amazing man I am proud to have known. Hundreds of people came to show their support. He just understood life, one of the people that just "got it". 

The upside of funerals is the opportunity to spend quality time with the fam jam. I was able to meet one of the cousins and she is my new crafting inspiration. She taught me how to make the cutest holiday wreath you will ever see. 



Doesn't this little gem look like something you would get from Anthro? The ribbon is interchangeable for the season. And how cute is it to hang wreaths on mirrors? Love it all.

I take it you want to know how to make your own, so I'm going to tell you.

Materials:

-Metal wreath form
-Ribbon
-200 brown coffee filters
-Black Sharpie
-Hot glue gun

Directions:

1) Wrap metal form with ribbon, attaching it with glue.
2) Color the edges of coffee filters black with Sharpie
3) Take one filter. Pinch the bottom, middle part of the filter and scrunch together so it makes a triangle shape...does that make sense? (sorry I don't have pictures)
4) Put glue on the bottom tip and glue it onto ribbon on wreath form
5) Overlap about 3 to 4 filters in one row
6) Repeat steps 3-5 until entire wreath filled
7) Finish wreath by tieing a coordinating bow
8) Hang somewhere you can proudly enjoy your new creation!

Grand total of this amazing wreath...

$5!!!

Best 5 bucks I've ever spent.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous wreath!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At October 25, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Courtney B said...

Totally adorable! I LOVE it!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Blogger MissKait said...

wow i love that gold its so pretty thats for sure.

Kait xo
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

 
At October 25, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss. My thoughts are with you all. That wreath is beautiful, by the way.

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

Looks great!! Love it!

xxx

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Blogger NeuroticLover said...

Coffee filters!! That's genius!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Digger said...

Hello! I found your blog through the Follower Fest going on at Casey's. I'm now a follower of your blog too. That wreath is so cute! I love it!

Digger ~xoxo~
www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

 
At October 28, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

That's beautiful!! New follower from followers fest!

 
At October 29, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from followers fest, already a follower :)

 
At December 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Blogger The Becks said...

I am so making this wreath. I need to know what in the heck the metal wreath form looks like. How cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home