<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Trend Alert: The Fishtail Braid

8.01.2011

Trend Alert: The Fishtail Braid

Hottest new trend in hair styles? 

The fishtail braid.

Everywhere I look, celebs and fashionistas alike are twisting their locks into a chic little fishy tail braid!


Diane Kruger wearing a french braid modified into a fishtail.

Image from InStyle.com
Nicole Richie looking amazing hair-to-toe at the Ella Moss 10 Year Anniversay Celebration.
Image from coolspotters.com
Whitney Port is the queen bee of trendy, fun hairstyles. This pic is a mini tutorial to get her flawless braid, or you can go here for the how-to segment featured in Us Weekly!

Just a few more months and my hair will be long enough to sport the fishtail. 

Word to the wise: Do not cut your hair short if you love playing with all sorts of fun do's and styles. You will be very sad when you go to play dress-up and there is nothing there to twist, knot or braid. Granted there are mounds of funky, cute short hair styles and you can always go the extensions route if you have $600 smacks just laying around. 

Be sure to pop by over here and enter my giveaway! I want to hear your latest jokes (explanation at giveaway post)!

Happy Monday and August! 


Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At August 1, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

I LOVE fishtail braids...but not enough to regret my pixie!!! :)

 
At August 2, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Shamsa said...

aw what a cute post! definitely going to check out that tutorial! I just recently got a haircut :| I hope my hair isn't TOO short to do this! I love fish tail braids! XOXO

 
At August 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Rita said...

Wonderful post
I will try to do this definitely
Great blog
And I am follow you now too


http://trendybutterfly.blogspot.com/

 
At August 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Kamila said...

Omg thank you for follow me !!! Your blog is great! I like it !! Love fishtail braids and I follow you too :)

have a nice day !!!

http://kamila-peppermind.blogspot.com/

 
At August 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

These hair styles are so great! I can never manage to get my hair to look that good. How to people manage to get the back of their head to look so perfect? Great post!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

 
At August 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Alexandrа said...

Love these hairstyles!

Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog!
I follow you, would you follow my blog?))

http://ohsoalexandrish.blogspot.com/

 
At August 2, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

love this trend i wish i could do it with my hair but the layers won't let me!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Veronika Novotny said...

SO adorable. I'm loving the fish tail braid and I'm hoping to try it on my next night out, SO chic & pretty. xx veronika

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Gianella Peralta said...

I can totally agree with you on that, everyone's braiding their hair! Sadly, I don't know how. Anyway, would like to see you try it too on your future posts ;)

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Shaissa said...

Hola! Gracias por pasarte por mi blog y por tu comentario. Te sigo! Me ha encantado tu blog. Besos!!
http://shaissa.blogspot.com

 
At August 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Lea said...

I love it but I can never get it right.
Ah!

& thnx for the lovely comment, hun.
Great blog, I am now your newest follower.

xoxo

http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

 
At August 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Lali. said...

I want that hairstyle... ♥

 
At August 3, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Shruti said...

Fish tail braids have made a grand come back this season.. but I have always loved this style. It's comfy. I am visiting your blog for the first time.. and already loving it :) Great post and great tips girl

 
At August 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM , Blogger Vani said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Vani said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog and for following!
I'm a huge fan of fishtail braids. I will continue reading your blog for sure.
xoxo

Thedressingbooth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home