<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Pillow Talk

7.28.2011

Pillow Talk

This week is devoted to interior design. It's fashion for the house, so I still consider it very relevant to this blog, even though I blog about completely random things when I feel the urge.

Currently on creating the baby nursery agenda:

Finding the perfect accent pillows.


 

The adventure of pillow hunting is more arduous than it sounds. My criteria of them needing to be less than $20 and containing bold colors that can go either gender is rather tricky. The summer items are finally starting to go on clearance, so I am hoping to cash in within the next few weeks.

The blue, fuzzy pillow rang in at a whopping $3.99 (insert the catchy Ross ad song circa 1999). I had to get it and make it work, I just had to! The red felt number was my most pricey at $18, but that's what you get at Pier 1. I love it and will add on some pink and orange petals if the baby is a girl. As for the green, I found it on clearance for $12 at Home Goods. Green and a fun print is what I was shooting for, but I'm not sure I love the shape. 


Best deal of all comes in the form of this glider. You are going to die when you find out how much I got this for.

Drumroll, please...

FREE!

Yes, that is right. It was FREE! The most kind woman from my church has graciously bestowed mounds of free baby items on us that are hardly used. Her dear brother is the generous benefactor. I adore the man!

I am wanting to possibly find a slipcover. I toyed with the idea of daring to make one, but I don't have the skills yet, and my seamstress mother lives 15 hours away. Any ideas? Do you happen to make custom slip covers? Share your secrets!

Now I'm off to clean out the black hole that is supposed to be the baby nursery, and to paint the walls!

Be sure to hop on over here and enter my fabulous Fall giveaway if you haven't already done so! Thanks for reading and going on my life adventures with me! Lots of love to you all 

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

the blue fuzzy one is adorable can't wait to see the nursery once it's all done!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At July 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Love the pillows. And yay for free!

 
At July 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Kelsey Cole said...

I LOVE that red pinwheel pillow! I've never seen anything like it, it's fabulous!
how exciting to be decorating a nursery! I'm totally looking forward to that day:)

 
At August 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Shruti said...

Such a cute Pillow. I too have never seen anything this adorable!

Following you now! Me excited aswel :) Take care

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home