<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

6.03.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday





Sweater: similar
Denim: LOFT
Shoes: Converse
Bag: similar

1. This outfit is the most dressed up I get most days. It's practical and comfortable, and if you see me in heels other than on a date or for church, it's a brazen lie, I tell you! I know my last few style posts have been extremely casual (so normcore), but I am trying this thing out called authenticity here on this blog. Have you heard of it in blogland? (Probably not as often as you'd like.) It's also known as keeping it real, which I'm a big fan of. Remember this post that I completely dedicated to KIR (keeping it real)? Turns out an uber-popular mommy blogger shares the same sentiments and you should check out her post from last week if you're into that kind of thing.

2. Fact: The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries (source).

3. We were driving back from Orange County the other night, when we pulled off our exit right next to our house. Once we pulled up to the stoplight to turn onto our street, Luke and Wes woke up simultaneously. This got me to thinking about how I used to do the same thing on long drives and road trips when I was little — and I am talking young enough to not understand driving directions or even how to read. I subconsciously just knew where my body was based on the rhythm. It reminds me of how you know which family member is home based on how they open the lock on the door because of the specific jiggle they give to their keys, or their unique gait pounding on the floor. You do these things too, right? I think it's one of those innate human things we do without even noticing, which then gives me a proud sense of existentialism by noticing it and talking about it.

4. I love when videos of unexpected animal best friends go viral, like this one of the goat and the donkey. So stinking cute, I could cry. And actually, I kind of did. Just a little.

5. Would you rather burp bubbles or pass gas that smells like your favorite perfume? (Think of the entertainment those bubbles could provide for kids on demand.)

P.S. Matt's weekly impression of a "fashion" blogger. Find his first one here for your immense viewing pleasure.


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At June 3, 2014 at 3:58 AM , Blogger Brikena said...

LOL! i loveee this post. it's sooooo funny, especially the weekly impression haha.
and i just read your "ugly truth" post and its so cool that you are actually embracing the fact that its not always perfect. it really does give the reader a different view of you as well. i know many-a-readers who sometimes refuse to read some blogs because theyre 'too perfect' and it just isn't that way... and when someone shares just something that lets them know we're all alike...idk.. very original. very cool of you :)

xo, Brikena
www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

 
At June 3, 2014 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Ben said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Hahaha Matt's impression is killing me. Keep it up with your keeping it real posts. They are the best :)

 
At June 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

so cute! I love holes in my jeans :)
http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

 
At June 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this post, and the impression is hilarious !!

Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

 
At June 4, 2014 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Animal friends, so cute! Glad they brought Mr. G his friend so he could finally eat & his little billy goat beard on his chin, adorable in a billy goat gruff kinda way, lol! The impression picture makes it look like maybe he just took a deep breath & discovered his arm pit is not smelling too fresh, maybe a little extra ripe perhaps ;)

 
At June 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Anne Hill said...

haha that last photo of matt is too good! reminds me of my husbands antics when we take photos

 
At June 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM , Blogger The Salty Mess said...

This outfit is my kind of outfit. I love it!

facebook.com/thesaltymess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home