<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : 6 Affordable Summer Date Ideas

5.30.2014

6 Affordable Summer Date Ideas


1. Bike rides. We would be riding down Pacific Coast Highway on some beach cruisers during a sunset after grabbing dessert, but I think coasting down an old dirt road in the country would be equally as romantic. (image source)



2. Drive-in movies. We loooove movies, and I can't think of a more fun way to spend a warm summer night with Matt than cuddled up in the back of our car watching a film on the huge screen, surrounded with cozy blankets, and a chowing down on a big, fat pizza. (image source)


3. Strawberry picking. Few things are better than fresh fruit, and I like the idea of grabbing a squeaky wood crate and piling it high with strawberries with your significant other. (And sneaking in a few juicy ones while picking them — you know, the small joys in life.) Then you can whip up a fresh batch of this strawberry honey butter once you get home! (image source)



4. Hot air balloon ride. Okay, so I know these can be a little spendy, but I just had to include it on this list. Here in San Diego there are always hot air balloons dotting the sky, and I think it's incredibly dreamy. (And perhaps this would be a fantastic splurge date considering all of the money you save on the other dates!) I am even willing to overcome my fear of heights to go on one! (image source)



5. Picnic dinner. A simple and intimate date, which are always the best. Cook something together to take on the go, or pick up your favorite take out and find a cozy tree to hang out under and enjoy good conversation. (image source)



6. Stargazing. Matt and I used to do this all the time when we were dating. We'd print out a map of the constellations and head up to the mountains on a clear, bright night, looking up at the stars while lying on the hood of our car. It's pretty darn magical. (image source)

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At May 30, 2014 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Sondra said...

I love this post!

 
At May 31, 2014 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love these ideas! A picnic followed by star gazing sounds like the best date ever!

Eve & Faye x
Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about clothes, cosmetics & coeliac disease

 
At May 31, 2014 at 6:35 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

These are great ideas! Last summer my boyfriend and I went to a drive in theatre and it was such a neat experience!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At May 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Tori Baldridge said...

I love these ideas! Now all I need is to do is get me a boy toy ;)
xo

 
At May 31, 2014 at 7:27 PM , Blogger preppylove said...

Cuuute ideas! I've always wanted to go to a drive in movie. I look them up all the time! I love the idea of stargazing too... it's such a simple thing but it's something I never do!

Kasey
http://www.preplovelove.com

 
At June 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Sondra! xo

 
At June 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Right?! So simple and dreamy.

 
At June 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't they the best? I always think of the movie "Grease" whenever we go :)

 
At June 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You don't have a boy toy, foxy lady?! Let's get you one of those. They're pretty awesome ;)

 
At June 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You must go this summer! In fact, you could even do ALL of these things in one day if you feel up to a super date ;)

 
At June 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Katie said...

oh, if only I had someone to go on a date with :)

 
At June 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh i love the drive in movies!!!!! That's a great idea!

Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

 
At June 6, 2014 at 7:52 AM , Blogger 3girls1apple said...

These are all so cute...now I just need a date! haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home