<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

3.27.2012

A Random Thing Or Two-sday


1) Alex Trebek's brain must be loaded with all kinds of trivia genius by now. I wonder how he'd fare as a contestant on Jeopardy? I'm writing to ABC and requesting they give him a break from hosting so he can show us them brainiac skillz.

2) My most recent fickle obsession is spelling everything with a 'z' instead of an 's' for things that usually end in 's'. Does that make sense? Like the aforementioned skillz of Alex Trebek.  For realz.

3) Clockwork Orange is quite the disturbing read, yet I feel an overwhelming desire to finish it, no matter how terrifying it gets. The supposed redeeming 21st chapter that was thrown to the wayside in America for so long is the bait that is keeping me hooked. I'm dying to know how it ends, but overall I just want to tolcholk those nadsats in the listo.

4)  Learning how to speak a second language helps protect against age-related memory loss (source). Considering that my memory has been shot to Hades since having a baby, it's about time I start learning French so I can sing alone with my favorite French song and actually know what I'm saying.

5) I am going to do us all a favor and show you how to leave a proper hyperlink to your blog when leaving a comment. People will be 263 times more likely to visit if it's a click away instead of having to copy and paste it into their browser (which is possibly the most annoying thing in the world to do). Keep a copy of the code in your desktop files or some place where you can easily copy and paste.

Here is the code:

<a href="YOUR BLOG ADDRESS HERE">YOUR BLOG NAME HERE</a>

Boom. Done. You're welcome.

6) Here is the winner of the DownEast Basics giveaway! Email me at rodriguez.abbey@gmail.com to claim your cute item from their store!

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At March 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

you just get prettier & prettier!!! :P

 
At March 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Gotta love the green and blue combo! It always reminds me of the blue bubble gum flavors ;)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

 
At March 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Dude. I didn't even notice the "z" on skillz, so it showz you how much I do it.
HA!

And I love that outfit.

and I would lose to Alex Trebek on Jeopardy, no doubt about it.

 
At March 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Stesha said...

loving that green!!! so prefect!

xxoo

 
At March 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I just love the way you write. Your posts always make me smile! Love this outfit - the colours are gorgeous!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At March 27, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

I love your random thing or two-days. They always crack me up. And seriously, what is up with the memory loss that comes with babies? I had my babe in May and I feel like I've regressed to a cavewoman.

 
At March 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Manda said...

Plllllease write to ABC. That would be the bomb diggity.

Also, thanks for the link info- I've always wondered how to apply that to my blog...but was too lazy to investigate. :)

 
At March 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

pretty mama! and love your witty personality!

little moments in life

 
At March 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

Thanks for the hyperlink tip! I have never known how to do that! I just never leave links! Well now I can!! :] Race and Emma Let's see if that worked! Haha.

 
At March 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger AmandaRose said...

Those bright colors are so lovely! Spring!

pockets of roses

 
At March 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Emily said...

You are awesome! Thanks for the hyperlink! Love the outfit as always.

Creamy

 
At March 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

i've been wanting to read a clockwork orange, i think i just might give it a shot soon. ;) and i also want to learn how to speak another language, i've been trying to teach myself french. ;)

p.s. i looove all the colors of your outfit!

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

 
At March 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Jam Oblina said...

your whole outfit is just pretty!

http://jamwordscrolls.blogspot.com/

 
At March 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous dani press said...

thewrittendanipress

this is me trying out your advice. boom. you're hilarious.

 
At March 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM , Anonymous dani press said...

it didn't work! ack.

 
At March 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your sandals :)

Best,
Casey
Girl in the Poodle Shoes

 
At March 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Clara Turbay said...

i enjoy this blog.

 
At March 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Blogger The Millers said...

Love the outfit! Makes me excited for spring. Xo

 
At March 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Melina said...

That blue and green combination is amazingly awesome! I need to get some of that in my life. Also, I am in love with your sandalz.

;)

 
At March 28, 2012 at 5:01 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

great colors to your outfit!!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the hyperlink code--still can't decide to have one or not hmm...

And I should learn a second language--my brain is turning to mush as I type.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home