<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Memorial Day

5.26.2014

Memorial Day




On Sunday we made a little trip out to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in Point Loma. There was a sacred reverence in the air for these veterans who pledged their lives for our freedom. I was truly humbled as I strolled by the marble headstones along the road that displayed the names of these brave people. Many of them were soldiers in WWII, born in the early 1900's. Even though that time seems like ages ago as I read in the pages of history books, every single one of these people had a mother, a sibling, a friend to whom they meant the world. I thought of my own boys and the heartache I would feel if they lived oceans away, not knowing if I would ever see them again in this life. It certainly threw the entirety of my small world into perspective seeing and feeling for these lives now buried. I am grateful for this wonderful country and my freedom, and I am proud to be an American.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home