<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Let's Talk About Baby Food

5.08.2014

Let's Talk About Baby Food




We had what you would call a bit of a heat wave last week. The temperatures were pushing into the 90's and we were beginning to melt. Ovens and that kind of heat don't mix, so we practically ate watermelon for every meal.

Wes is in the beginning stages of teething, so a cut down slice of watermelon seemed like a good treat to gnaw on. Boy, did that kid go to town! His form envied that of a seasoned watermelon-eating champion! I never gave Luke actual food to chow at this age (that wouldn't pose a choking hazard — think celery, peppers, watermelon rinds) but I've toned down my motherly paranoia. Wes loved it so much he screamed like a baby hawk (no really, if you heard it outside from our window, you'd think we were illegally breeding them) when I took it away.

I am really into making fresh baby food for Wes this time around. Homemade applesauce, pureed bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, etc. Not only is it more pocket-friendly, but I know that it is completely natural and the flavors will be more rich. I also always thought it would be more of a time-consuming headache than anything, but since I am already making food on a daily basis, what's one more thing on the list? It's as simple as quickly boiling the food and throwing it in a food processor. And bam! You're done.

I am in the process of illustrating and creating a darling baby food infographic for all of the eating stages and appropriate foods. Let me know if you have any tips or info I can add to it, or if there is anything specific you have questions about or would like to see!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Good Life Blog said...

I'd love tips for feeding a vegan baby!

 
At May 9, 2014 at 4:49 AM , Blogger Sondra said...

I make my own food too, I love it! For some vegetables I feel like the consistency is too thick and I can't get it smooth enough for my LO. I use filtered water (Brita) for boiling and then use the water to make the right consistency; this helps because a lot of the time a lit of the nutrients end up in the water. Sometimes I also add some of my milk, but this works best if you let the cooked food cool a little before adding the milk. As for storage, I love the baby bullet containers, they have a dial so you can mark the day you made it if by chance you have more than for one sitting.

 
At May 15, 2014 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I will do some research!!

 
At May 15, 2014 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love these tips! Thanks so much, Sondra. xo

 
At May 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM , Blogger The Olive Tree Blog said...

I started making my own baby food with my second kiddo...you are soooo right....much cheaper...and healthier!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home