<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Poway Farmers' Market

4.28.2014

Poway Farmers' Market






This last weekend we ventured out to a real farmers' market with our friends since we had lots of practice with our pretend one and had a hankering for some fresh bread and fruit. If you live in the San Diego area and haven't been to the Poway Farmers' Market, you must go! Especially if you have a brood of boys. It is held in the downtown area, where they offer little train rides and a bunch of historic shops and old trains to look at.

The food was delicious. Blueberry scones topped with sanding sugar, basketfuls of warm baguettes, cheese stuffed croissants, fresh berries and greens stacked precisely in woven baskets, and quality jams and spreads. I even got a tub of beet hummus! That stuff is as delectable as it sounds, and it's pink! (So it makes it even better, obviously.)

We will be back to the Poway Farmers' Market soon!

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At April 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Anne Hill said...

what a pretty market! and great family photo at the end!

 
At April 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness I love the macarons!!!

 
At April 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM , Blogger L C said...

Stunning photos! We'll be visiting our own farmers market later this week!
Cheers,
L A
.Ravishing-Ruby.blogspot.com.

 
At April 29, 2014 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Gentri said...

Oh my gosh! Yuuummmm I'm so excited for the farmers markets to start here!

 
At April 29, 2014 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Anne! xo

 
At April 29, 2014 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Don't those ones look delish? Good stuff at that farmers' market!

 
At April 29, 2014 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Rhiannon! xo

 
At April 29, 2014 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Farmers' markets make for the best photos! Have fun at yours this week! xo

 
At April 29, 2014 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm excited for yours to start, too! Nothing beats a good trip to the market :)

 
At April 29, 2014 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

These photos are gorgeous. I'm a sucker for farmer's markets!

 
At April 30, 2014 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I live in Poway and LOVE their farmers market! My son loves riding the train and we love eating at the BBQ place (I'm forgetting the name) that's located on the left side as soon as you walk up. You definitely need to get a tri-tip sandwich from there! Maybe I'll see you up there one day! xo, Sarah @movingeastonwest

 
At May 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah you are! I love all of your pictures from your market adventures :)

 
At May 2, 2014 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo, we'll have to try that tri-tip next time. As in tomorrow, probably ;) That would be fun to bump into you!

 
At May 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

I would so love a post about your favorite local things to do in the San Diego area, as we will be there for a week in July. This is a must; I love Farmers markets! PS: I wanted to comment on your baby food post as well but I'm lazy so I'm leaving it here, but you should check out the Baby Led Weaning book; I found it to be very interesting and it's the way I went for my little and it worked great for us!

 
At May 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

I would love love a post about all your favorite local things to do in the San Diego area, as we will be there for a week in July. This will definitely be on the list; I love farmers markets! and PS I wanted to also comment on your baby food post but I'm lazy so I'll put it here. You should check out the Baby Led Weaning book, it's so easy and worked great for my little!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home