<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

4.01.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday





Dress: Made by yours truly
Hat: similar
Scarf: similar
Boots: similar

1. Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow split?! I am usually first to know about celebrity gossip happenings, but it appears that I dropped the ball on this one. Looks like the Goop was accused of being a "Yoko Ono." Good news is they are still friends. (Terribly important stuff, I know.)

2. Fact: You know these vultures in The Jungle Book? The Beatles were originally supposed to be the voices for them, but John Lennon allegedly bashed that idea square on the head. Even though they dissed Mickey Mouse, Disney still went ahead with the idea as an homage to the band (source).

3. The videos this dad created of his son are amazing.

4.  So, my dress. I couldn't find a shapeless, mumu-esque dress anywhere (and I certainly refuse to pay $150+ for something that more or less resembles a potato sack) so I made one myself, of course. Now I can't bring myself to wear anything else! As for the process, it was rather simple — I used a shapeless blouse I own as a pattern guide, extended the length, and bam! I now have myself one of those trendy, minimalist, midi dresses for spring and summer. Excuse the wrinkles, but ain't nobody got time for ironing! Isn't the disheveled, grunge thing in anyway?

5. Would you rather be the drummer or guitarist in a band?

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At April 1, 2014 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Kristen @ The Saltwater Cure said...

So amazing that you made your own dress! I wish I could find my way around a sewing machine. ;P

 
At April 1, 2014 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my I love the dress! Well done! I may not be able to resist making one of those quite soon! :)

 
At April 1, 2014 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

I so need to do this!!

 
At April 1, 2014 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Trust me when I say if I can do it, you most definitely could too! :)

 
At April 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's seriously the best and only requires sewing two pieces of fabric together and some sleeves! Piece of cake. If you do make one, I want to see it!

 
At April 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Heck yeah you do! I thought of you when I made it even! :) xo

 
At April 2, 2014 at 2:10 AM , Blogger Dearest Lou said...

Wow! Love that dress and you make me want to cut my hair short every time I visit your blog or see a post with your cute hair on my instagram feed <3

-
Cecilia
Dearest Lou

 
At April 2, 2014 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Bethany said...

You are just so handy. I love that you made that yourself! And I'm super bummed about Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin... :( And I would say drummer, since it seems like it would be easier to learn, but they have to hang in the back alone, so... guitarist!

 
At April 3, 2014 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Erin @ Love, the Campbells said...

You made this dress...girl I LOVE it! It looks like the most comfortable thing since sliced bread in a full tummy!

 
At April 3, 2014 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You totally should! Although I love your new melt. You hair is sooo pretty!

 
At April 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Bethany! Yes, sad day in the love department of Goop and Chris Martin, but did you hear her interview saying how being a movie star is harder than being a working mother? Foot in her mouth, BIG TIME! Yikes!

 
At April 3, 2014 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Erin! And I may just have had homemade sliced bread in my tummy when I was wearing it! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home