<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Life With Two

11.12.2013

Life With Two


It's here.

I am a mom of two.

It has been here for a whole 2 weeks and 1 day now! Me, Abbey, a mother of multiple children. Can you tell I am going through a bit of a surreal moment? I keep thinking over and over again of my 13-year old days, babysitting for married couples with budding, young families and thinking that they were a) old people and b) so... grown up. In the most cliche of words, it seems like it was practically yesterday. And now here I am, a part of that "old" married couple clan with a budding family of my own! What?! Pinch me, people. When did I grow up?

I had my fears and apprehensions about making enough room in my heart for two kids, but that is old news. I admit, I occasionally find myself missing the Luke and Abbey only days, because it is just... different. But different in the best way possible. Wrinkly grannies and seasoned mothers used to spout off on how "you won't be able to remember how it was before they came, dearie!" and I truthfully didn't feel that way when we had Luke. I fondly reminisced about my carefree days of walking out the door, unbound from car seats and diaper bags. And oh, the sleep! How I longed for the sleep that would forever be robbed of me for the next 18+ years. But not this time around. Luke settled us in to the whole parenthood gig beautifully, and welcoming Wesley was nothing short of spectacular. I honestly cannot remember what life was like without him, and I am happy to finally know that feeling (I was beginning to think there was something wrong with my motherhood emotions!).

Our home is more abundantly filled with love. Life is immensely more rich and complete. Everything makes just a little more sense, and I am living the ideal I never fully understood I wanted until now.

Thank you, Luke and Wes. You're my dreams realized.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At November 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Brady and Brittany said...

So perfect! I love that picture of them on the bed with the popcorn!

 
At November 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your boys are so cute!!! Are you planning on adding more to your family?

 
At November 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your boys are so cute!!! Do you plan on having a big family?

 
At November 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

this is so beautifully written, abbey. you're getting me all excited to add our second babe to the family! congratulations, again!

 
At November 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! In just 8 short weeks I hope to be joining you in the "mother of two club" and I can not wait!

 
At November 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Abbey, I'm so happy to hear how happy you are. Not only just because I'm glad it all worked out so well for you, but also for selfish reasons. I'm pregnant with #2 and trying to wrap my head around loving another person so much! This made me feel better, knowing its normal and it all comes together in the end! Congrats

 
At November 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Congrats!! I love, love the photo of the two of your babies together...so precious! My second little one arrived 6 months ago; and it's true. I can't remember life without them :)

 
At November 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, congratulations!!! your babies are both beautiful :) i just discovered your blog recently and you have such a lovely family!! makes me happy!! enjoy those loves of yours!! xo

 
At November 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I love Wes' scrunched up little sleepy baby face. He is so precious. I am glad things are going well as a mama of two. Congrats :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home