<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Letting Go And Choosing Gratitude

11.29.2013

Letting Go And Choosing Gratitude




"I like the concept of letting go. It’s mostly where I find joy, calm, peace and purpose. It’s so much easier than chasing. And so much more effective. Rather than chasing happiness, the Buddhist philosophy suggests that we simply choose to let go of that which makes us unhappy. The very notion of chasing something has a sense of urgency about it, doesn’t it? And, of course, with urgency comes anxiety. And with anxiety comes illness. And with illness comes unhappiness... 

Maybe it’s time to stop looking and simply let go of everything that isn’t us? When I let go of everything I am trying to do, be, create and own, there I am. And while I might do, be, create and own much in my life, I am none of those things and they are not me. I can’t be found in things. And neither can you."

Isn't that the truth? I happened upon those words while reading this article and I felt it to be so appropriate for this holiday weekend and my life in general lately. For one reason or another, I find myself running to do more, pushing myself to the next unnecessary level. And frankly, I'm running out of breath. I don't need more. In fact, I need less and to simplify.

I am so grateful for this time of year because it forces my materialistic and mopey attitude to take a swift one-eighty and to relish in the good. I have heaping amounts of things to be grateful for, and I truly feel so blessed with my life. Not my idea of what my life needs to look like, but for who and what I've become, and the people who have contributed in that molding and refining process. Life's a treasure.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At November 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

So true Abbey!
Wise words at an important time of year.
But then again, wise words all year long.
Thank you.
Lil Wes is so perfect. You are indeed blessed!

 
At November 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Kaycie Eddie said...

Thank you so much for linking to that article! This is truly something I needed to hear. I love these photos. Wes is so sweet! And I love his name.

 
At November 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful. perfect. love this post.

 
At November 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Alison Ambrose said...

Thank you for posting this! Exactly what I needed to hear. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the chaos surrounding us, to believe that we must keep running so as we don't fall behind. But I've learned (and too often forget) that by running full force ahead I lose sight of the beauty that is all around me.

 
At November 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Katie said...

These are such beautiful photos of you and Wes. Perfect photos of mama and son.

 
At December 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

I've been marinating a lot on this topic lately!!

 
At December 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Stylishly in love said...

Beautiful pictures of you and the baby.

Wow! What a great Giveaway! Thanks for hosting this for us. Great for the holidays! Fingers crossed!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and family.
Love,
Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

 
At December 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Bethany said...

New to your blog and love this post. I too love the idea of letting go, and it's something particularly difficult for me, especially as a new mom!

 
At December 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just found your blog and love this post you shared. So true. I was just feeling overwhelmed trying to catch up from the holiday weekend and how much I over committed myself to. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

xx,
Becky
here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home