<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Hello, September!

9.02.2013

Hello, September!


1. Homemade pumpkin spice hot chocolate! Who cares if it is still 80 degrees with the worst humidity San Diego has seen? It's air conditioned in this joint, making it nice and icicle-y so I can enjoy my first cup of the season without sweating bullets. Here is the simple and delectable recipe: Mix 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of water, and a pinch of salt in a pan and bring to a boil. Let it cool to a warm temperature so it is no longer boiling and then add 1 cup of milk, 1 1/2 cups of half and half, 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Stir over medium heat, add the pumpkin syrup to taste (usually about 1 tbsp per cup is good)! and then serve it up with a hefty dollop of whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkled on top!

2. Someone else enjoying their very first cup of the pumpkin spice delight that is hot chocolate. Evidence that the aroma and flavor of the stuff brings instant happiness to the senses.

3. This candle had me at vanilla. And then I smelled it and was in pure autumn ecstasy. Our house now smells like a fall heaven on earth.

4. Beanies, people. BEANIES!

5. Bustin' out the the fall pillow covers and a fresh, moody pedicure. The color is Essie Wicked. How appropriate for all things fall and the upcoming Halloweenie, right? Also, my pinky toes are the weirdest. My mom said that when I was a baby it looked like they rolled up pieces of clay and stuck them on the ends because they forgot to add my pinky piggies. Apparently that last-minute addition stunted their growth.

The fall season is officially upon us. Funny how a time of death in nature can bring such a rejuvenation and regrowth in the soul. There is just something about the crunch of those yellow and orange leaves under my boots that makes my heart skip a beat. And the pumpkins. Oh, the pumpkins! We saw our first patch the other day and I literally squealed.

We love you, Autumn!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At September 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

it ALMOST feels like fall today! i tossed on a sweater for our day at the beach!

 
At September 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Ashley Smith said...

We had an overcast morning and a breeze through the window! I was amazing! i love love love fall!

 
At September 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Dearest Lou said...

Yay for Autumn and sweater weather! Also Luke is so incredibly handsome, can't wait to see baby #2!

-
Cecilia
Dearest Lou

 
At September 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM , Blogger P. said...

I think that at this point (you know, when we're all craving some Fall but it's still super hot outside), we're more enamored with the idea of Fall than with the season itself. I do exactly all these things--the hot chocolate, the hot apple cider, the banana walnut bread... all of it. And then I go out and it's scorching. LOL.

xo,
Ana Paula
{Visit me at Mommyhood, PhD}

 
At September 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Christine Rosko said...

I love this. I'm so excited for fall! Now if only the weather got more fall-like...

 
At September 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Stephers said...

I'm equally as excited, especially since I will be popping out a baby mid-October! This cocoa recipe looks amazing, btw. Thanks so much! :-D

 
At September 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Your pinky toes do look funny. But they're cute! :)

Jan Loves

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home