<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Newborn Essentials

7.25.2013

Newborn Essentials



To say I've simplified my newborn essentials list is an understatement. With the first baby, you have no idea what to expect and generally over-plan and over-buy. At least I did, anyway. 

This time around, I know what I like and am attempting to keep my life as simple as possible. I've compiled my favorite, trusted products and a few new ones I am going to try (enter the Blooming Bath!). 

I learned with Luke that dressing up a newborn is kind of, totally, completely futile. Sure, the clothes are fun to buy, but they just seem so uncomfortable! And my babes are swaddled 90% of the time, so this time around we are sticking to our basics: onesies, socks, mittens and a blanket. After all, they are only tiny for so long and I want to soak up all that newborn yumminess this time, and try not to dress him for a day in the Hamptons (at least not for a few months).

My breast pump saved my life when I engorged with all that glorious milk for the first time, and I totally recommend the Medela breast pump and bottles. Yes, they are a little spendy, but amazing.

Luke's skin is incredibly sensitive so I swear by the Baby Bee products. The ointment is an excellent replacement for Vaseline for protecting the circumcision those first few weeks, and it doubles as an excellent diaper rash cream.

Doesn't the Blooming Bath look amazing?! A friend told me about it and I am dying to try it out. Looks so comfy. Do they come in adult sizes? ;)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so many great pieces! great choices.

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At July 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Definitely all important!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At July 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I just looked up the Blooming Bath! It's got great reviews. I might have to put one on my registry!
Style in the City

 
At July 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM , Blogger P. said...

Amen! With my first daughter I had all sorts of cute outfits and way too many shoes. I saved all those cute clothes. For my second one I'm just buying onesies because in the end, that's what babies go through and outgrow the fastest.

Good list of essentials! :)

xo,

Ana Paula

 
At July 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear a lot of insurance companies are covering breast pumps now! You should check with yours to see if you can get the Medela from them without having to spend all that cash! Love those swaddle blankets. I got them as well :-)

XO,

Gina

www.popcornandpandas.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home