<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

1.29.2013

A Random Thing Or Two-sday



 Dress: Vintage. Tights: Target. Platforms: c/o Jellypop. Bow: Handmade.

1) For months I've been staring at this side swept, French girl-esque hairdo I ripped from the pages of my Lucky magazine and pinned (literally) to my idea board at my desk. Then I about died of a cuteness overload when I saw this hairstyle. The opportunity to try a new hair doozie is one that should not be missed, and I am all for the front hair clip. It's a sweet, retro look. A girl can never have too many hairstyles, right? Maybe I will even share a DIY post on how to make big, fat, awesome hair bows so I can do this hair style next.

2) Fact: "The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Or any other encyclopedia for that matter. Scientists have yet to settle on a definitive amount, but the storage capacity of the brain in electronic terms is thought to be between 3 or even 1,000 terabytes" (source). That's a whole lotta information and I suddenly feel inspired to up my book reading quota.

3) We've been teaching Luke some basic sign language so he can communicate to us when he is hungry or thirsty. We mostly use the "more" sign and I love the way his little tiny baby fingers hit together when he says it. Babies signing is up there on the cuteness overload chart. Do you teach your kiddos to sign? What are your opinions?

4) For the record, Skinny Cow fudge bars are the best.

5) Would you rather be able to speak Klingon or Elvish (assuming you don't know either... if you know them, I envy and praise you)?

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Jan said...

I could totally see you with the hairstyle with the bow under the bun :)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

 
At January 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Hanna said...

Ohhhhh.....those mustard tights are heaven!!!!

 
At January 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Lauren Rebecca said...

SO pretty girl!

 
At January 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Sonja said...

Gorgeous as always :)
I used to know how to write my name in elvish!
<3 Gingersnap

 
At January 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

That dress! Love it!

And I'm officially nuts for the barrett and bow trend this spring.

Elvish I think would sound prettier so I'll go with that.

 
At January 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am loving the side-swept with the clip! So cute! Not sure I could ever do the big bow again though after years of cheerleading I think I am all bowed out :)

I don't have any little munchkins yet but I use to teach pre-school and when I first began I had a class of 2-3 year olds and signing was sometimes our only communication. It was amazing how much they knew and how easy it was to use. I think every parent should go buy a basic sign language book and try signing with their babies. Much easier for them to use than their words at such a young age! :)

TheJustInCases.Blogspot.com

 
At January 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM , Blogger crissy // mama boss said...

We do signing with our babies, and it is so wonderful. I'm being a real go-getter this time around, and have been introducing my 4-month-old to the sign for "milk" while he nurses. :)
And, according to my dad, I used to speak Klingon as a child. My parents, it seemed, were always watching star trek. Unfortunately, I have no memory of this awesomeness. darn. I think I'd rather speak Elvish, anyway.

 
At January 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

elvish definitely.

and i was thinking about whether to teach sign language to a. i will probably have to learn it first :)

 
At January 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

Awesome outfit, love the polka dots and yellow tights!

p.s. Klingon, that's a no brainer ;)

 
At January 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I adore this look!!! Navy + polka dots is so classic and the pop of yellow tights is phenomenal!

- Jess
Sparkles and Crafts

 
At January 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. you look amazing. and can we talk about how long your eyelashes are?!
2. that dress and lipstick color make me really happy.
3. i knew sign language as a kid. it was great. my parents never learned so i lost it as i got older.
4. now i really want a fudge bar. and i cant have one since i'm at work.

 
At January 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Love the side clip look. too!


P.S. Skinny Cow ice Cream sandwiches are where it's at!

 
At January 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Dress Like a Celeb said...

Oh that's really cute ! Love those mustard color tights !

 
At January 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Ashley Hughes said...

Love this look!! You are gorgeous!
(Found ya on the mama link up!)
Ashley

 
At February 8, 2013 at 4:16 AM , Anonymous Zoe Alexander UK said...

The dress is so cute! Great look!
Zoe xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home