<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

7.10.2012

A Random Thing Or Two-sday

Shirt & Skirt: Old Navy. Fedora: Nordstrom Rack. Belt: LOFT.
1) Luke's talents are rapidly developing. He now sings along with practically every song he hears, although he prefers classic rock -- he especially loves Three Dog Night. Looks like Papa Rodriguez passed his great taste in music down to little Lukey.

2) I want to see the Katy Perry movie and I don't know how I feel about it. I love her and despise her at the same time. Her road to fame, accompanied with so much tenacity, is insanely inspiring yet I have a hard time fangirling over someone with spinning, candied nipples and a train wreck of an ex-husband.

3) Fact: Being in love creates high levels of dopamine and norepinephrine. The despair associated with unrequited love is associated with plummeting levels of dopamine. To increase dopamine, rejected lovers should exercise. Sunlight is another mood lifter, and smiling also activates nerve pathways that can give feelings of pleasure (source). So there you have it. If you are in the unfortunate situation of "unrequited love" go for a run in the sun all while wearing a big, cheesy smile. And if it makes you feel better, remember that your parents love you. If you are convinced they don't, then get a dog. They always love you back, no matter what.

4) Matt's latest quotable saying is "whoaly smokes." Not holy, but whoa-ly. It's actually quite catchy. He gives you permission to use it.

5) Would you rather be a fairy or a mermaid?

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At July 10, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

I love love love this outfit! Great combo of colors!

 
At July 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

fairy, i want to fly. plus i'm afraid of sharks. also, i love you and i wish i weren't only in utah for a day to pack up for our move because i'd love to see you! have fun in heber!!

 
At July 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love your out fit here - and i feel like i'd feel the same way about the katy perry movie - i bet she is super inspiring and worked really hard to get where she is - but i just can't take her seriously (mostly due to her ridiculous costumes)

 
At July 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Um just came across your blog by IHOD... I love love love this outfit and your shop!

Sara
http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

 
At July 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Love the color of your maxi skirt.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

 
At July 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

Yeah, I'm kinda on the fence about Katie Perry too. Why do so many talented people have to be so trashy?

I swear exercise is what cured my post-partum depression. And smiling always helps, I think that's where the "fake it til you make it" saying comes in. Just smile until you feel like smiling.

Shoot, I have always wanted to fly, but then I always used to pretend that I was mermaid when I a kid. I think the deal breaker here is that fairies are like 2 inches tall. So mermaid it is. Obviously I've put way too much thought into this.

 
At July 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM , Blogger High Dollar Hippie said...

Love the color combo you chose for this outfit! I wouldn't have thought to put them together, that's for sure. And you took the words right out of my mouth about Katy Perry. Also, does she really talk like a 50's film star or does she just put on that accent for show? It really bothers me but I kind of like it at the same time. Strange, that one.
Drey - highdollarhippie.blogspot.com

 
At July 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I saw the Katy Perry movie as well and loved it. But I am a massive fan, so I am easily impressed with candy costumes! :P Love this outfit, especially that skirt!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At July 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Gabriella said...

Your outfit is gorgeous! That color combo is totally adorable, I never would have thought to pair those together. Thanks for the inspiration!

Gabriella

 
At July 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

mermaid.
And I LOVE that skirt!!

 
At July 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Kira said...

I don't really know anything about Katy Perry's story so when I saw the preview for a movie I was totally confused how someone like that (who dresses like that, sings nonsense songs, and has a very questionable marriage/divorce) should be considered an inspiration. Maybe I should see it just to understand. I'm assuming she overcame a lot?

 
At July 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Katie said...

what a cute outfit! love the colors!! and I'd choose to be a fairy!

 
At July 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

great giveaway on IHOD! i love your fedora and colorful outfit!

 
At July 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love 'And if it makes you feel better, remember that your parents love you. If you are convinced they don't, then get a dog. They always love you back, no matter what.' made me laugh out loud! you are so funny!

love you skirt.

and i would rather be a failry i think so i could fly. although i look more like ariel than any other disney character hmm...

 
At July 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

That is the cutest shirt ever!

 
At July 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Christi Lynn said...

cute outfit! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home