<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

7.03.2012

A Random Thing Or Two-sday

Beachwear// Sweater & Pants: LOFT. Sandals: c/o Jellypop Shoes. Shades: Anthropologie.
1) I am in fact the most immature twenty-something I know. Matt and I like to go to this site and listen to the various pronunciations of the most inappropriate words we can think of. It's like an instructional version of that game where you take turns yelling specific parts of the reproductive system. You know which game I'm talking about.

2) Fact: According to a U.S. census, over 150 million hot dogs are consumed by Americans on the 4th of July (source). Huzzah for BBQ! Also, the Declaration of Independence was actually signed on August 2nd, 1776, although the document was officially drafted and independence declared on July 2. So why July 4th? It was the day the good ole' boys in charge of creating America that selected the official holiday to be on July 4th. God bless America (source)!

3) The time has come to discuss the Spice Girls. For starters, I was a die-hard fan and still am. I am currently and randomly watching Spice World. You can bet your bottom dollar my iTunes playlist includes their greatest hits. If you wanna be my lova... Actually, if you were a child of the 90's like myself you were sure to have played Spice Girls dress up at slumber parties, at least 3 times. At least. I was always Sporty Spice. It was lame because I always wanted to be Baby Spice, but then again, who didn't? I couldn't be Scary Spice, AKA Mel B., because, well, I am not black. Although, I always wished I could be. Her assertiveness and craziness was awesome. My second runner-up was Ginger Spice. Meh. I kind of love how nobody paid any attention to Posh Spice and now VB is superstar famous. Oh, the things David Beckham can do for one's career. Which Spice Girl were you?

4) There are few things more gratifying than flossing after eating corn on the cob.

5) Would you rather let a firecracker explode in your hand or have 50 packs of Pop-Its thrown at your feet simultaneously?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At July 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i think i wouls go for the pop-its but don't hold me to that.

and i love your sandals they are so rad--i can't believe i typed rad i don't think i have ever used it in my life before.

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

50 packs of pop-its. And I was always sporty spice.

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Megan Hatch said...

My fave was Ginger Spice. :) And two of my Spice Girls jams are: "Stop right now! Thank you very much..." annnnnd "You have got to swing it, shake it, move it, make it, who do you think you are?" That just brightened my Tuesday. :D

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Maggie B. said...

Pop-its. Because a fire cracker would actually harm you. And I love love love the cockleshell lace pattern on your sweater! Lovely!

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Umm yah def had to be well over three times of playing spice girls at slumber parties! haha! I have many-a-pictures to prove! We went all out, costumes, hair, and since we werent old enough to wear makeup we had some pretty awesome glitter and lip gloss sets from bath and body works (another amazing 90s fad) that we went ALL out with haha! I was usually always baby spice because I had long bleach blond hair when I was younger and a massive girly girl... though when I didnt get dibs on baby spice I wanted to be ginger because I liked her sassyness :) And very true no one wanted to be posh (she seemed snooty in 4th grade, or with my friends no one wanted to be scary spice the most because no one liked being called "scary" haha)

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Umm yah def had to be well over three times of playing spice girls at slumber parties! haha! I have many-a-pictures to prove! We went all out, costumes, hair, and since we werent old enough to wear makeup we had some pretty awesome glitter and lip gloss sets from bath and body works (another amazing 90s fad) that we went ALL out with haha! I was usually always baby spice because I had long bleach blond hair when I was younger and a massive girly girl... though when I didnt get dibs on baby spice I wanted to be ginger because I liked her sassyness :) And very true no one wanted to be posh (she seemed snooty in 4th grade, or with my friends no one wanted to be scary spice the most because no one liked being called "scary" haha)

 
At July 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Ginger Spice. Always. I wish I could find the pictures!

 
At July 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Celeste said...

I wasn't a Spice Girls fan, which is unbelievable because I was junior high age when they were so popular. I have no idea what my problem was. But Victoria Beckham (and her hubs) is amazing, so I'm gonna go with Posh ;)

 
At July 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

How fun are those pants you're wearing!

Ok, I used to love the Spice Girls too. Fun fact: there is a Broadway musical based on the Spice Girls coming out in November. It will feature 14 of their songs. Make your travel plans now! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At July 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Sierra said...

A few weeks ago, the 80-year-old DJ at the bar my boyfriend and I were at decided to play Spice Girls. I got so excited, but no one else cared. It was an odd moment, haha.

http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At July 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM , Blogger The Mrs. and The Momma said...

This is super embarrassing, but five of my friends and I did a dance at a pep rally in high school lip syncing to Spice Girls. I was Posh spice. I am actually still called that today by some high school friends. Oh those 1990's. :)

 
At July 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Umm, I am so glad that I'm not the only one that has watched Spice World in the past 5 years! For some reason my favorite back then was Baby Spice, but if I were to choose now it would definitely be Posh or Scary Spice!

And how can those pants look so great on you? If I were to wear those I would look like a clown. Maybe I will actually go into Loft one of these days...you are always finding great stuff in there :)

Modern Modest Beauty

 
At July 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Lea said...

great knitted sweater :)
http://lealuu.com
(I've a food and photography blog, maybe you want to check it out :) Best, Luu)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home