<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Lucky FABB Was Indeed Fab

5.02.2012

Lucky FABB Was Indeed Fab

My friend, Mollie, of Mollie In Seattle.
Lucky FABB brought together the most talented, beautiful array of people and created a buzz of energy and inspiration. Everywhere you looked there were pops of prints, candy colored lips, bags for days, and enough Instagram photos to fill the bandwidth of Twitter and Facebook combined -- or so it seemed.

The conference convened on Monday at the Annenberg Community Beach House in Santa Monica and you can have no doubts that the Lucky Magazine team spruced it up to the nines. {Side note: the Annenberg Community Beach House is free to the public and makes for an amazing sunny California day trip to the beach. There is a pool and garden area to lounge in for a small fee. Best of all, the ocean is its backyard since it literally sits off of PCH. I highly recommend it as a site to see}. 

The day was all-around spectacular. The panelists could not have been more perfectly suited, as they invited some of the most influential celebrities, bloggers, and entrepreneurs in the fashion industry.

I honestly need to state that Zac Posen is the most enchanting man I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. There is a wanderlust, dream-like quality that exudes from him, which concurrently forges a sense of conviction in your soul. He described fashion as "moving architecture", gave advice to remain resilient and true to your character, and emphasized the power of being cordial and generous of spirit to lead a successful life and career. Even the suit he wore exemplified his otherworldly charm. My favorite words of inspiration he spoke were, "Create something meaningful and impactful to stand the test of time."

Obviously the other speakers and panelists were amazing as well. Elizabeth Banks is hilarious and deserves her own comedic gig. Randi Zuckerberg is a genius, just like her good ole' brother Marky Mark. I need to get in contact with Mama Zuckerberg and ascertain her sensei ways of parenting. I would like to train my children to be Harvard/Princeton brainiacs. Maybe I'll see if she'll be my Facebook friend ;) Anyway, Randi was amazingly down to earth and relayed valuable technological information to increase success in blogging.

Usually I feel like that freak who brings my camera everywhere in fear that I'll miss out on a good photo op, but not at Lucky FABB! Every blogger had their camera slung over one shoulder and a handbag on the other as we all flitted about, united in trigger-happy glory. The photographers probably wondered what their purpose was in being there.

The breakout sessions were full of fabulous gift bags and goodies, and the neighboring historic Marion Davies Guest House was decorated like a living Pinterest board. There were endless treasures and lovely trinkets adorning the aged structure. It was the perfect infusion of vintage and modern pieces to create an artistic, fashionable surrounding for the workshops.

I can confidently express that this first West Coast Lucky FABB was a resounding success and is the beginning of something great for fashion and style bloggers. Way to go, Lucky Magazine! You really came through and I loved every minute of it.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At May 2, 2012 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

Amazing, looks like you had a fabulous time. And I agree about Elizabeth Banks, she's hilarious.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At May 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Gabriella said...

These photos are fabulous! I wish I lived on the West Coast so I could have attended! Although, I suppose I can settle for living vicariously through your photographs and recap. So glad you had such a wonderful time!

Gabriella

 
At May 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man that looks like so much fun! Thanks for bringing us along :)

kendall
songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

Wow. Next time, bring me.
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Andrea D said...

How amazingly awesome is this?! I'm so jealous...I wish I could've been there!
And I'm loving the picture of the high heels lined up like a fire over the stack of wood. So creative.

 
At May 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Kell said...

Elizabeth Banks. She's so gorgeous I could die. I'm so jealous!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

That looks like such an amazing time! And you look beautiful :)
Modern Modest Beauty

 
At May 3, 2012 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds absolutely amazing! And the photos are fantastic--the shoes in the fireplace--I don't need to say anymore.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Love your outfit! Looks like it was such a fun time, so jealous!
Creamy

 
At August 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger S.S. Milk said...

Great photos! Just seeing these makes me super excited to attend the Lucky FABB in NY this fall.

Accidentally Stylish w/ S.S. Milk
www.accidentallystylish.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home