<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Guest Post: Molly On The September Issue

8.22.2011

Guest Post: Molly On The September Issue



Happy Monday, little lovers! Today, my very best friend in the whole world, Molly, is guest posting here at Along Abbey Road! Molly has been a fashionista ever since I can remember, so do take her styling advice! You won't regret it! Take it away, Momo...


Hello bloggers! My name is Molly Huish [mollyhuish.blogspot.com] and I have been best friends with Abbey since we were little. These days I’m living the east coast life in Washington, DC as Abbey’s token single friend, loving boat shoes, anything with stripes, and boys that work on Capitol Hill!



Even though I love holidays and birthdays, tomorrow is honestly my favorite day of the year. Why pick some random day in August to love? Because tomorrow the September issue of Vogue hits newsstands!



I realize many people may roll their eyes at this statement, as every teenage fashion wannabe is a professed Vogueaholic. But for me, the September issue is so much more than the fashion [which is incredible!]. Like New Years, it feels like a chance for a new beginning. I love looking back over the past four seasons and picking out the good and bad [fashion] decisions I’ve made, hoping to be smarter this year.  
A lot of complaints I hear about Vogue is that it’s all advertisements and there aren’t wearable clothes. To that I would say that the ads make the magazine. They give us a glimpse into every store in the world, adding to the already beautiful photo spreads the magazine produces. The advertisements are to be looked at, not skipped over. As for the clothes the magazine showcases, they are often not meant to be worn by everyday folk like you and I, but the styles they show will set the trend for the coming season. I may not wear the $2,000 Chanel wool coat, but finding a similar coat that is more my style and budget means that my wardrobe is ultimately influenced by Vogue.
Since I’m a slightly superstitious person, I believe that the coming year in fashion will emulate the quality of the September issue. Since I’ve already seen some of the pictures from Kate Moss’ cover wedding shoot, I think it’s safe to say that the next few seasons are going to be amazing!
Happy September-ing!

My favorite September Issue...

Nicole Kidman, September 2003
And my least favorite Issue...

Sienna Miller, September 2007

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

Oh how I love you Molly Huish.

 
At August 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

great post! definitely looking forward to the vogue september issue!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At August 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

What a great post! I completely understand what you're saying. <3

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At August 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Nina S. | LA STYLE MUSE said...

Heey:)) LOVE ur blog. its very nice. Wanna follow each other?
kisses
XX

lastylemuse.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home