<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Do You Know What BUI Stands For?

8.17.2011

Do You Know What BUI Stands For?

Today is my 100th post! That is approximately 5,000 words--the equivalent of a 10 page paper. Does this mean I'm on my way to becoming a fashion/beauty/blogging expert?  Probably not, but I do know I can write a blog post in a rather short amount of time, compared to the eternal amount of time it used to take me at the beginning. If you aspire to increase your writing abilities, I suggest starting your own blog. It's just what your cranky, old English teacher would order. 

Since we are on the topic of school, let's move onto today's lesson:

BUI...
Buying Under the Influence

Hand illustrated by me. Drunk shopping looks frightening, doesn't it?
Recently I read a magazine article about the growing issue of drunk shopping. Not only is it a pain in the rear for retailers dealing with mass returns and cancelled orders, but it wreaks havoc on the shopper's fiscal and personal life. 

From statement shock, "$600 on camping gear??? WTF!?!", to blatant denial, "You mean to tell me I actually bought five pairs of snowshoes? That's impossible! I hate the snow!", buying under the influence can never end well.



Even if someone belligerently purchased that $1,000 pair of Louboutins they'd been coveting for the past decade, the happiness of opening the package would be exceedingly outweighed in the rage their husband would soon express when he saw the mammoth bank statement.  


The negative impact of BUI is quite frightening. The looming threat of divorce for married offenders could be around the corner. Credit ratings could hit rock bottom, just as fast as a bottle of vodka in the care of Lindsay Lohan does. That beautiful dream home could instantly disappear because the down payment was used to purchase worthless crap once upon an intoxicated evening.

Fortunately, I don't drink, but I know plenty of people who are plagued by alcohol-induced spending. If you fall into this category be aware of your actions, know your limits, and do not let others take advantage of your spending rampages in a drunken stupor. If you don't party much, take care of your friends and family that easily fall victim to BUI. They'll thank you in the morning :)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Shels415 said...

Congrats on the 100th post! The drawing is awesome and the guy pic is hilarious! I don't have done any BUI just yet!

XOXO
Shels
http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com

 
At August 17, 2011 at 3:36 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Congratulations on your 100th post - that is incredible!! :D

Also, wow! I had never thought about BUI before, but it totally makes sense. I will have to make sure I stay careful.... :P

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At August 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Simply Camylla said...

100th post, that a big deal! Congrats!! bahahha your drawing is hilarious. Thankfully I havent done any BUI!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger tessa said...

haha congrats on 100 posts :) this one was super fun to read!

couturelust

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

that's so crazy about shopping under the influence i never really thought about it i know people who are addicted to shopping that's really bad to luckily i'm sure i will never buy under the influence!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At August 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hehe this post is so funny!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Jessica Samantha said...

I am dying at your drawing-- "buying under the influence", I am so referencing you every time now. Hilarious!

Congrats on you 100th post! New blog reader, excited to read even more!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Congrats on post numero 100 -- and I have definitely seen some friends BUI!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Blogger angelieeee said...

I´ve just watch "shopaholic", lol!
this is so funny!
have a nice day!♥
xxxo

http://angelieeee.blogspot.com/
you can also follow me on Twitter! :) @angelieeee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home