<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

4.13.2011

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

Last Saturday night as I was perusing through Nordstom Rack, I stumbled upon some fabulous MIA booties. At first I gave them no thought, but quickly realized they were sitting on the 50% clearance rack. This changed my mind rather quickly and I slipped them on. Instant love. The distressed genuine leather, slouchy ankle, adorable heel...they would go with everything. However, I was determined to be strong-willed and repeatedly asked myself, do I need these?

I am attempting to make mature, rational purchases this year. It was my New Year's resolution to not shop as much. I wouldn't say it has been extraordinarily successful, but I am trying! Do you now see the dilemma I was in regarding the boots? I was literally torn between the desire to keep my resolution and the desire to sport these amazing booties. Insert cartoon angel and devil on the shoulders, and you have the perfect picture of the situation.

Image from takinglessspace.blogspot.com


After much inner battle between the evil of consumerism and the good of great fashion sense, I walked away. 

I WALKED AWAY! 
(insert Hallelujah chorus here)

Five minutes later on my drive home, I felt like someone had given me an upper cut to the stomach, with a side of acute anxiety attack. What had I done? There was no turning back because they had closed, I wasn't able to go the next day (I am Mormon and abide by the Ten Commandments, with the 8th Commandment being the particular in this situation), they only held items until close of the same business day, and the boots were the only pair left in the entire place! Crap. Now I was in an even bigger bind. I had to have these boots!

I resolved to appease my worries by reassuring myself that they would be there on Monday if they were meant to be mine. Yeah! That sounded like a good plan.

Sunday morning came and I couldn't live with that plan. 

I called the store promptly at the opening hour of 11 AM. The boots were still there! After much begging and flattery, the shoe department manager agreed to hold them for me until opening on Monday. Phew! Reverse buyer's remorse averted.

I am now a proud owner of these to-die-for MIA leather booties!

After all the shenanigans, you are probably wanting to see these puppies to see if they were worth all the trouble! 



Totally worth it!


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

those boots are so cute! lol i hate when i want something and i end up walking away I'm still debating whether to go buy a pair of shoes only they're a little expensive but gorgeous!

don't forget to enter my giveaway!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At April 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger c a s s i e said...

LOVE those boots!!!!

 
At April 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger What Sadie Did said...

You made the right choice for sure!! Those babies will last you for years and will go with everything! I have a pair of boots I bought on impulse about 5 years ago, and wore them so much I had to track down an IDENTICAL pair on eBay last year to replace them! ;D

Sadie x
http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

 
At April 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

I have totally been there! Non buyers remorse. crazy. Isn't it awful? Last summer there were these two pairs of shorts on sale at Urban Outfitters that I wanted, but was convinced I needed to control my shopping and let them go. Eight months later and i'm still regretting it.

Love the booties, I'm so happy you got them!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home