<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : The Best Loaded French Toast Recipe

5.26.2015

The Best Loaded French Toast Recipe



While aimlessly strolling through the aisles at Trader Joe's last week, I stopped in front of a beautiful loaf of Challah Braided Egg Bread. I immediately thought to myself, French toast! And sure enough, it was incredible, dare I say the best French toast I have ever made.

I suppose the part where it is loaded with Nutella is the kicker. It was breakfast pastry heaven, my friends. I know I say this about every recipe I post, but promise me you will make this sometime this week, okay? It's one of those things that is insanely easy to make, but seems like it takes an immense level of skill—that's a good thing. It's sure to impress the foodies in your life. ;)

Also, I am thinking I just need to start a separate food blog. I keep mulling over whether to start a whole new thing or just post more food on here. Decisions, decisions. People of the internet, what's a food-lover-and-styling-obsessed girl to do?!

Moving on. Let's get to the recipe of this fantastically delicious dish, shall we?



The Best Loaded French Toast Recipe
Serving Size: 6
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

1 loaf Trader Joe's Challah Braided Egg Bread
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup Nutella
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting



Directions:

1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon together.



2. Slice the bread into 2-inch sections. Take a slice and make an opening in the bread with a paring knife that is about 1 inch deep. Stuff the slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of Nutella. Dip it generously into the egg and milk mixture, making sure to coat it on all sides.



3. In a buttered frying pan, cook the bread on medium-low heat until golden brown on each side. Make sure to cook it on the tops and bottoms, too, for a crispy edge.



4. Place on a plate and let it cool for about 30 seconds. Load up the inside with strawberries, and dust the top with powdered sugar. Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!






Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 27, 2015 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

this looks delicious and Abbey, your pictures are always so beautiful!

 
At May 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM , Blogger yours truly said...

Oh my gosh, that looks insanely good!

www.bekahcurtiss.blogspot.com

 
At June 1, 2015 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Elisabeth! xo

 
At June 1, 2015 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's ALMOST too good to be true! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home