<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

12.30.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday





Anthropologie Hat.
LOFT Sweater.
LOFT Black Skinny Jeans.
H&M Handbag.

1. Once again, here is my tried and true formula for the ultimate momiform. Sweater, skinny jeans, booties, and a hat. I used to be afraid of having a "uniform" of sorts or being too boring with jeans and a tee. Seriously. There was this terribly misogynistic boy at my junior high who told me that girls who wear jeans and tee shirts only are ugly. I was in that awkward puberty phase and took every word boys said literally (I clearly had no self-confidence or identity at this point in life) and consciously tried to not just wear jeans and a shirt of some sort. It took me, like, five years to get out of that mindset with the help of some feminist ideology and growing a backbone, and I am happy to report I thoroughly embrace the jeans and tee movement. (Insert high five emoji.)

2. Fact: The average person produces enough saliva to fill two swimming pools in their lifetime (source).

3. I have this theory that Seinfeld is inspired by Mickey Mouse. No really, hear me out! There is Jerry, who is the star of the show and the nice, well-balanced guy who everyone likes for the most part. Then we have George, the short, balding guy with a chip on his shoulder and is sure the world is out to get him. And it's funny to watch how ridiculous he is. Next up is Elaine, the quirky gal pal of the bunch, and was once upon a time romantically involved with Jerry. Last, but certainly not least, we have Kramer, the tall, goofy guy who just hangs around and eats everyone's food. Now, who else does this quartet sound like? Yes! Mickey, Donald, Minnie, and Goofy! Sure, they have their differences and are obviously targeted at different age groups, but I am telling you they are roughly the same people. If Mickey Mouse and Friends were to be written for adults, you would basically have Seinfeld with animal characters. And instead of living in Manhattan they would live in LA. I will call it the Mickey Mouse Seinfeld Theory. Feel free to discuss it at your book clubs and dinner parties.

4. I am so tired from writing out that last paragraph, I don't have anything to say. But I just heard this song for the first time and thought it was pretty cool.

5. Would you rather jump from a 100-foot high ledge onto an enormous pile of sofa cushions, or jump from a 100-foot ledge into a 95-foot high pile of thick whipped cream?

(And here are some outtakes from the rest of our day in Laguna Beach, where we happened to be while taking these pictures. A blooper is up first for your viewing pleasure.)






Image Map

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At December 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Lived With Love said...

Love the jumper & boots! This has been my go-to uniform lately as well, so easy and practical! Love it :)

Kerry @ Lived With Love | Mummy, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog x

 
At December 30, 2014 at 11:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Mickey Mouse Seinfeld Theory - as you were describing the Seinfeld characters I knew exactly which Mickey Mouse characters you were comparing them to so clearly it works. Also... maybe I've seen one too many episodes of Mickey Mouse Club House (because there's no such thing as too many episodes of Seinfeld!!)

 
At December 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Kathleen Harper said...

You've had such a fashionable year. I adore this combo on you - so gorgeous. here's to 2015!
<3
katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

 
At December 31, 2014 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Kerry! xo

 
At December 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad we are on the same level here, lol. Also, I absolutely agree with your last sentence. I am pretty sure my personal hell would be the Hot Dog sound on a loop for eternity, but Seinfeld reruns sounds like heaven!

 
At December 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Kathleen! Wishing you a wonderful 2015 as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home