<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

12.23.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday







DIY Tulle Skirt
LOFT Plaid Scarf in Red Crush
Women's Loretta Plaid Sneakers
LOFT Striped Tee (similar)
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw

1. This was my Christmas outfit for church, but Wes has double ear infections again and we ended up staying home. But I had to photograph it! For posterity's sake ;) Actually, mostly because this DIY tulle skirt is the greatest thing I have ever made. I refashioned a piece of crap thrift store skirt into this beauty with a few layers of tulle. You can get the whole tutorial here. But what I really need to talk about is the lipstick I am wearing. It has changed my life... as much as an article of makeup can. It's a liquid lip stain so once it dries it is there to stay FOR. EV. ER. My red lipstick usually feathers out, even with lip liner. If you have the same problem, waterproof lip liner and this lipstick will solve all of your lipstick problems that have kept you up at night.

2. Fact: The average woman does NOT consume seven pounds of lipstick in her lifetime (source). I always wondered where that myth came from and set out to find the truth behind it since I have lipstick on the brain! You can really sleep soundly now that you know the best lipstick to use AND that it won't fill your body with an extra seven pounds of rubbish. It's a Christmas miracle!

3. When I put this skirt on, Luke came up to me and said, "Ohhhh, Mommy! You a pwincess!" Then when we were taking pictures, he ran up to me and demanded a hug. The picture of us above is Luke saying to me, "Mommy, I wuv your makeup! Mommy, I wuv your green eyes!" Talk about flattery! Watch out, ladies.

4. My friend Gentri has a wonderful style blog, Gentri Lee, and she featured me on her series, "Know Your Style" the other week! Sharing my best advice for figuring out your sense of fashion style and how to build a great wardrobe around it over here!

5. Would you rather see everything upside down or hear everything backwards?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At December 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this look! You are seriously the cutest ever!

Lauren
The Style Record

 
At December 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

I love the volume on this skirt! Tulle skirts are often too flat for me- well done!!

 
At December 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Lauren! You are so sweet! xo

 
At December 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Jess! I tend to have the opposite problem. The other tulle skirt I made literally looks like a wedding cake topper dress... and not in the good way, lol.

 
At December 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Kathleen Harper said...

Have a very merry holiday! Love this look. So beautiful!
<3
katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

 
At December 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like A Random Thing or TULLE-sday!! Ha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home