<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Gluten-Free Christmas Cut-Out Cookies

12.22.2012

Gluten-Free Christmas Cut-Out Cookies

 (Frosting cookies obviously isn't a strength of mine, however eating them is a completely different story)

The tradition of grandma's Christmas sugar cookies is one that will not be foiled because of a silly old gluten problem. The chewy, moist deliciousness is unlike any other cut-out cookie out there. I promise. Therefore, I give you the gift of the gluten-free adapted version of the best sugar cookie you will ever taste.

Gluten-Free Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Recipe adapted the Betty Crocker recipe
Serving size:  2 dozen
Prep time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2  tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream (this is the golden secret!)

Directions:
Heat oven to 425°F. Mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla thoroughly. Blend dry ingredients together. Sift them into the wet sugar mixture alternately with the sour cream. Make sure dough is well-floured so it can be handled in your hands without sticking (add gluten-free flour by the tablespoon until you get the right consistency). Divide dough into a small ball; place on well-floured wax or pastry paper, cover it with another sheet of wax paper and roll out to 1/4" thickness. Cut out shapes with desired holiday cookie cutters. Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At December 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Michelle Pickett said...

I was so excited to see this post! Ive been diagnosed with gluten intolerance 3 mos ago and I used to love baking and haven't really done it since. Im definitely going to try to make these with my son tomorrow :)

 
At December 23, 2012 at 4:37 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

I cook/bake gluten-free for my hubby who has an intolerance and I have to say as difficult as it was in the beginning to find/adapt good gluten-free recipes I'm really actually enjoying discovering/experimenting with recipes now. I've been looking for a good gluten-free sugar cookies recipe to make this weekend. I think I'll try yours! Thanks!

 
At December 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Boooo! I am sorry to hear that. Hope your cookies turn out and good luck with the GF living! :)

 
At December 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is a huge life transition, but it's pretty manageable, huh? My only qualm with GF baking is the flour. Still trying to find the perfect one.

 
At December 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

I am making these tomorrow for my gluten free sister! Thanks!! Merry Christmas!
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home