<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

8.26.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday






Tortoise Eyeglasses c/o Firmoo
LOFT Army Green Anorak (similar)
Anthropologie Striped Dress (similar) 
Converse Chuck Taylor Low Sneaker
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Lip Balm, Unapologetic

1. So, I have to admit that I am still more than a little peeved about the whole Anthropologie breastfeeding shaming fiasco that went down in Beverly Hills last week. Therefore, I am having mixed feelings about shopping there and/or wearing their products. But, this dress is an oldie and a goodie before all of that happened, and it is one of my go-to dresses. I am curious, are you boycotting shopping at Anthropologie on principle of the whole Nipplegate incident, or do you not really give a hoot?

2. Fact: Forty-six states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands have laws that specifically allow women to breastfeed in any public or private location (source). That excludes the states of Idaho, Michigan, South Dakota, and Virginia, in case you aren't a geographical wizard and fail to know the states in alphabetical order off the top of your head.

3. This B-list actress is EVERYWHERE. I swear she holds the record for the most commercial gigs in the history of TV. (You recognize her, don't you?) Then, when I thought I couldn't possibly see any more of her, she was on Chopped! And listed herself as a comedian, which made no sense to me... I clearly watch way too much television for my own good to be bothered about this type of rubbish, but just needed to vent out my frustrations. I feel much better now.

4. Matt watched Dirty Dancing for the first time a couple of days ago. I know, I know, what rock has he been living under for the last three decades? To finish the evening off right, I showed him this scene where Ryan Gosling does the lift as his "big move" in Crazy, Stupid, Love. In my opinion, it's Ryan's second best scene on the silver screen. (You all know what the first one is!)

5. Speaking of arguably two of the all time greatest scenes in romance movie history, would you rather have your own, "nobody puts baby in the corner!" moment with a monumental dance number, or your own, "it wasn't over, it still isn't over!" moment kissing in the rain?

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At August 26, 2014 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The anthropologie thing bums me out I didn't even hear about it until just now. ;/ boo.

Your outfit is super cute! I might need to steal this idea ;)


Nightchayde

 
At August 26, 2014 at 6:26 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

Love this look! Perfect summer/fall transition!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

 
At August 26, 2014 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Erin @ Love, the Campbells said...

I'm still so disturbed by the Breastfeeding fiasco with anthropologie too but it's not hindering me from shopping there. It could happen anywhere unfortunately because it was directed from the person not the company. Similar to the Victoria's Secret one a few years ago. And as much as I love dirty dancing I would definitely want the rain moment! I mean who wouldn't?! Which one would YOU want?

 
At August 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Branden & Aubri said...

KISSING IN THE RAIN SCENE, of course!!

 
At August 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Rubies and Emeralds said...

Ugh - I feel the same way about the Anthropologie incident as well. But on another note, I love how you paired these white Converse. I think they should be a staple in everyone's wardrobe - they just look good with everything!

xoxo

www.whitneytakesawalk.com

 
At August 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Katie said...

This post just proves that a little lipstick makes an outfit and is fun as in I need to give it a try. I am torn with kissing in the rain or a musical number. I always say that I wish our lives had a soundtrack with random moments of dance but that kissing in the rain scene. Rain it is :)

 
At August 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

I can't really seem to give up Anthro. I hate that that happened but I mostly chalk it up to people being snobby in Beverly Hills in general, less to Anthro as a company.

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, it's a shame. Thank you! :)

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Christina! xo

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It just bothers me that such a "globally-minded" company that seems to support women and all cultures would hire an idiot to MANAGE the store. It's not like it was some clueless associate, but a leader within the store. Can you tell I am still bothered? Ha. Anyway, I think I would choose the Dirty Dancing scene, because, that lift! ;)

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

An excellent choice! :)

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Whitney! xo

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree that lipstick really does seal the deal on an outfit! Also, I agree that I wish life had a soundtrack. That would be awesome.

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I know, I know. Like I mentioned above, I am just still incredibly bothered that Anthro as a company hires people to positions of management and authority that are completely insensitive and unaware of laws. They get tons of HR training (or maybe they don't, considering) so it boggles my mind that she thought that was okay!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home